Is Time With Family Better Than Shopping?
Leading up to the holiday season, it’s hard to remember that there are things better, or more important, than shopping. You want to make sure everyone gets the perfect gift, stores bombard you with sales, and everyone else seems to be shopping, right?
Well, we want to show the world that there are better things to do than spend the day at the mall buying more stuff! Can you help us?
Tell us what you think is better than shopping—it could be spending time with your family, going for a hike… anything! We’ll use your photos to tell the story of people who’ve committed to #buynothing this holiday season.
Here’s what you do:
- Print out the #buynothing sign.
- Write your favorite activity in the blank. (example: “Sharing is better than shopping.”)
- Take a picture and email it to email@example.com.
- I Am Grateful That Thorns Have Roses: 11 Reasons to Remember Thankfulness
Studies show that gratitude has an inverse correlation with depression—the more grateful you are, the happier you are. Eleven thinkers, throughout the ages, on why being thankful matters.
- Reclaiming Christmas, Radical Homemaker Style
Shannon Hayes: Can you take on consumerism without being a Scrooge?
- Let’s Unstuff the Holidays
I longed for simpler surroundings. So I made a resolution: Each week I would move more stuff out of the house than came in.
That means, we rely on support from our readers.
Independent. Nonprofit. Subscriber-supported.