Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Book Review: Living Downstream: An Ecologist Looks at Cancer and the Environment by Sandra Steingraber
by Peter Montagueposted Oct 20, 1997
- A qualified scientist examines all the lines of evidence linking cancer to chemical contamination of the environment and offers solutions.
Book Review: A World that Works: Building Blocks to a Just and Sustainable Society
by Patty Cantrellposted Oct 20, 1997
- a compilation of alternative economic thought and practice from India to Indiana
Book Review - Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature by Janine M. Benyus
by Elisabet Sahtourisposted Oct 20, 1997
Book Review: Heretic's Heart: a Journey of Spirit And Revolution By Margot Adler
by Margot Adlerposted Oct 20, 1997
- Reviewed by David Kupfer
by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, Eve Ilsenposted Oct 20, 1997
- Making love can be a gateway to unity with the great mysteries
Letter From Sri Lanka :: The Sarvodaya
by Sharif Abdullahposted Oct 20, 1997
- The people of Sri Lanka are building a strong, healthy, and self-sufficient society based on Buddhist and Ghandian principles.
The Soap Summit
by Tracy Rysavyposted Oct 20, 1997
- The first Soap Summit, which took place in 1994 in Los Angeles, and its 1996 sequel focused on overpopulation, reproductive health issues, and teenage sexuality.
by Steve Lernerposted Oct 20, 1997
- After a series of devastating floods, the people of Pattonsburg rebuilt their town on higher ground – and they did it sustainably.
by Maria Dolan, Alan Thein Durningposted Oct 20, 1997
- Girls Initiation, Alan Durning, Chris Crowther, Maria Dolan
Slouching To Kyoto
by Carl Frankelposted Oct 20, 1997
- As world leaders prepare for the climate change debate in Kyoto, Carl Frankel looks for signs of leadership in Washington, DC
by Kevin Fongposted Oct 20, 1997
- A cohousing community becomes home to a gay couple and their newly-adopted Latino son
by Robyn Buddposted Oct 20, 1997
- Robyn Budd, artist, manager of a nature conservancy, and graphic designer, writes about the ambiguous territory between being best friends and lovers.
by Reverend Mariah Brittonposted Oct 20, 1997
- Reverend Mariah Britton challenges the black church to talk openly about marriage, parenting
Seeds of Restoration
by Donella Meadowsposted Oct 20, 1997
- Donella Meadows on the Intervale in Burlington, Vermont
Loving Arts - Sam Keen Interview
by Sarah van Gelder, Sam Keenposted Oct 20, 1997
- Sarah van Gelder talks with Sam Keen about the complex arts of loving.