Can Animals Save Us?: The Spring 2011 Issue
Too often, we forget the biological truth that humans are an animal species, too. Our culture treats animals as food, pets, pests, property, and curiosities. We’ve spoiled their habitats, endangering tens of thousands of species and our own future. If we learn to understand animals, we can protect and restore the planet we all share.
- More articles from Can Animals Save Us?
- Sign up for our free newsletter and be the first to know when articles go online.
- The Emotional Lives of Animals:
Grief, friendship, gratitude, wonder, and other things we animals experience.
- National Treasures:
How one Baltimore-born Motown veteran is preserving two of the country's most precious resources: wild mustangs and at-risk children.
- Just the Facts: Should We Eat Meat?
We can feed the world and still eat meat—but only a little bit.
- Photo Essay: Domesticated
One photographer's take on the mystery of the wild, and our constant efforts to tame it.
- Farmer Joel Salatin: Why Changing the Food System is Up to You
Audio clips from the YES! interview in Can Animals Save Us?
Hands with animals animation by Ashley Rueben. Ashley is a media and outreach intern at YES!
That means, we rely on support from our readers.
Independent. Nonprofit. Subscriber-supported.