Things I Want to Learn ...
From contributing editor Frances Moore Lappé:
- To conceive and share an “ecology of democracy”—integrating our knowledge of ecology and human nature to ignite more effective hope-in-action.
- To tap dance better.
- To be in such a place of perpetual gratitude that I can embrace death when it comes.
From board member Puanani Burgess:
- How and why shoyu was invented. The history of food invention and human curiosity.
- How the words that I type on this computer get to you.
- Is God necessary?
From contributing editor Carol Estes:
- To dance the Lindy Hop.
- To find my way through the wilderness with map and compass.
- A system for managing multiple projects at the same time.
- What it’s like to be incredibly fit.
From contributing editor Jen Angel:
- How to be more effective in the movement for social justice.
- How to follow my passions and still thrive in a capitalist society.
- How to make a killer chocolate souffle.
From contributing editor Lisa Gale Garrigues:
- Integration: How to hold and view polarities in myself and the world with grace and balance.
- Love: How to act from love instead of fear. (I mean love in its most ordinary and mundane sense, ie with relationships, co-workers, and friends, as well as self-love.)
- Inner Peace. (By achieving inner peace, I will no longer need to project my conflicts onto the world, and I will be able to stand in my own center when faced with conflict.)
That means, we rely on support from our readers.
Independent. Nonprofit. Subscriber-supported.