Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Garden of Simplicity
by Duane Elginposted Oct 27, 2000
- garden of simplicity, by Duane Elgin. Simplicity is the new mantra for the overworked, over-stressed, and over-cluttered, and for those who want to lighten their impact on the Earth. The author of the classic book on voluntary simplicity says the ways to simplicity are many.
Discussion Guide: A New Culture Emerges
posted Oct 27, 2000
- YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
The Total Thrust Is Global Justice
by Drew Dellingerposted Oct 27, 2000
- the total thrust is global justice, by Drew Dellinger. Rap against globalization and injustice.
The Great Community of the Earth
by Thomas Berryposted Oct 27, 2000
- the great community of the Earth, by Thomas Berry. At a special event held during the UN Summit for Religious and Spiritual Leaders in August, Thomas Berry told these stories of our common dreams for the Earth.
YES! But How? :: Diesel Trucks, Soap V. Detergent
by Annie Berthold-Bond, Doug Pibelposted Oct 27, 2000
- Diesel trucks, Brown spots on skin, Dust Mites, Brass Cleaner, Soap vs Detergent, Moth ball odor, Stuff-free gifts, Annie Berthold, Ask Annie, household hints and helps
The New Solidarity
by Anthony S. Archposted Oct 27, 2000
- the new solidarity, by Anthony S. Arch. Steelworkers and forest activists forge a new alliance.
by Jan Robertsposted Oct 27, 2000
- A description of the Earth Charter document, a declaration of responsibility and interdependency.
Peacemaking: a family affair
by James W. Zionposted Sep 30, 2000
- Peacemakers in the Navajo Nation can quickly get to the bottom of a situation that resulted in a crime.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2000
posted Sep 30, 2000
- Number of mosquitoes a pipistrelle bat eats on a warm summer night . . ., and more...
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa Sarosposted Sep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Book Review - Ecology of a Cracker Childhhood by
by Daniel J. Martinposted Sep 30, 2000
by The Honorable Robert Yazzie Chief Justice of the Navajo Nationposted Sep 30, 2000
- Navajo Nation revises criminal code, reduces sentences, and requires peacemaking.
Seeds of Change: A Prison Garden Program
by Cathrine Sneedposted Sep 30, 2000
- Cathrine Sneed describes the development of the Horticulture Program for Inmates and the Garden Project employing former inmates.
How Ralph Nader Won
by Sam Smithposted Sep 30, 2000
- Dream of a Nader victory.
Cry Out: Women Behind Bars
by Christine Schoeferposted Sep 30, 2000
- Women inmates describe prison life and the impact of a support group that provides an emotional and creative outlet.