Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Book Review - In God's Country by David A. Neiwert
by Scott Morrisposted Jan 31, 2002
Book Review - Caring For New Life by Ron Miller
by Perri Ardmanposted Jan 31, 2002
Book Review - White Collar Sweatshop by Jill Andresky Fraser
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Jan 31, 2002
The Untold Story of America's
by Jack Weatherfordposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Untold Story of America's Democracy by Jack Weathorford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
by Sally Roesch Wagnerposted Jan 31, 2002
- How did early activists for women's rights dare to dream their revolutionary dream? They caught a glimpse of the possibility of freedom because they knew women who lived liberated lives, women who had always possessed rights beyond the suffragists' wildest imagination—Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) women.
American Journey: A Test And
by Kim Staffordposted Jan 31, 2002
- American Journey: A test and freedom, by Kim Stafford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
How To Be a Patriot
by Sam Smithposted Jan 31, 2002
- how to be a patriot, by Sam Smith, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
Get Your Vote On
by Malika Sandersposted Jan 31, 2002
- In the early days of the campaign, I often wondered whether the oppressive conditions of Selma were just a figment of my own analysis because the people here seemed so uninspired to oust Smitherman. I realized later that people only needed the spirit of hope combined with inspired “people power” and the timing of “Greater power” to overcome their worst fears and make lasting changes a reality.
Resource Guide: What Does It Mean to Be an American?
posted Jan 31, 2002
- Organizations for human rights, immigration rights, civil rights, rights for freedom
by Jacob Needlemanposted Jan 31, 2002
- America is an original expression of ideas that have always been part of the great web of Truth. Explicitly and implicitly, the idea of America has resonated with this ancient, timeless wisdom and has allowed something of its power to touch the heart and mind of humanity. We must recover this resonance, this relationship, however tenuous and partial, between the teachings of wisdom and the idea of America.
What Happens To Your Heart
by David Morseposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Campaign of Conscience joins North Americans who oppose the war in Iraq. They organize acts of civil disobedience and continue to provide humanitarian aid to Iraqis.
The (sometimes) Beautiful American
by John Mohawkposted Jan 31, 2002
- Throughout its history the United States has shown two faces: one that’s peaceful, promoting justice and self-determination, and one that’s selfish, defining its national interests in ways that promote suffering and brutality abroad.
What Is Real Security
by Amory B. Lovins, Hunter Lovinsposted Jan 31, 2002
- what is real security? The answer may be found by basing engineering on nature. Natural systems are efficient, diverse, dispersed, and renewable, hence, inherently resilient.
Old Pain, New Hope
by Sheldon Itoposted Jan 31, 2002
- More than a hundred years after it helped overthrow the Queen of Hawaii, the Congregational Church musters the courage to face its past and apologized for the church's role in “the unprovoked invasion of the Hawaiian nation.”
A Place For Dignity
by Carol Estesposted Jan 31, 2002
- Dignity Village in Portland, Oregon, a tent city. Dignity Village is fundamentally different. It's a self-governing community of about 60 homeless people who take care of themselves by taking care of each other.