- The Innocents Photo Essay by Taryn Simon
Photo Essay: Crude Reflections from the Amazon
by Lou DematteisMay 04, 2011
- After enduring years of toxic dumping and rising cancer rates, indigenous Ecuadorians took oil giant Chevron to court to fight for the life of the rainforest—and its people.
US Uncut: Standing Up to Corporate Tax Dodgers
Mar 03, 2011
- Photo essay: "Austerity for us, prosperity for them"—and more signs from US Uncut's 50-city protests of corporate tax avoidance.
Signs of the Times: The Best Protest Signs in Madison
Feb 18, 2011
- In Madison, Wisconsin, a workers' uprising is resulting in some clever slogans.
No Impact Week Photo Awards
Feb 15, 2011
- Food, energy, giving back, and more: The winning entries from January's No Impact Week participants.
This Motown Singer Turned His Wild Mustang Ranch Into a Summer Camp for Baltimore Kids
by Valerie WilliamsFeb 14, 2011
- How a Motown veteran is using his passion for wild horses to help at-risk children.
Photo Essay: Humans and Wild Animals Meet in Poignant, Awkward Moments
Feb 11, 2011
- In her photo essay "Domesticated," photographer Amy Stein explores the barriers between humanity's built environment and the wild.
One of Many Detroits
by AnonymousJan 21, 2011
- Photo essay: "The people of this city are not abstractions." An anonymous Detroit photographer shares a view of the city that the mainstream media doesn't cover.
Big Problem, Big Art
Nov 30, 2010
- Photo essay: As climate negotiators meet in Cancun, activists the world over are reminding them of what’s at stake with some very big art.
Photo Essay: A Mother's Love Behind Bars
by Cheryl Hanna-TruscottNov 15, 2010
- A unique program in Washington state allows mothers incarcerated for nonviolence crimes to care for their newborns.
Humanity, in Photos
Nov 15, 2010
- Photo Essay: A celebration of friendship, family, love, and laughter.
Signs of Sanity (and/or Fear)
Nov 01, 2010
- The best sights and signs from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
Reaching for Resilience
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- 10 ways that one rural ecovillage is building strong foundations for coming times.
A Big Surprise for Chevron
Oct 20, 2010
- Hours before the oil giant released its new ad campaign, the Yes Men released their own version.
Bigger and More Beautiful than Ever Before
Oct 11, 2010
- Photo essay: Scenes from the 10/10/10 Global Work Party.
YES! Photo Essays
New visions of the world we thought we knew.