Green Light May Be Ahead for Insurance on Shared Vehicles
by Cat JohnsonOct 08, 2012
- As more and more people begin sharing and renting out their cars and homes, insurance issues have begun to emerge. Sharing communities are taking the lead in finding solutions.
Growth or Equality: Two Competing Visions for America’s Future
by David KortenSep 11, 2012
- David Korten on how closing the wealth gap can open the way to a fairer, more prosperous economy.
The Perks of Being Gainfully Unemployed
by Shannon HayesMay 18, 2012
- Is job security real security? Shannon Hayes makes the case for diversifying your income.
Beyond Debt: An Economy of Gratitude
by Charles EisensteinMar 12, 2012
- Charles Eisenstein reviews David Graeber’s book, Debt: The First 5,000 Years.
Nipun Mehta: An Economy to Feed Your Soul
by Jennifer KayeDec 13, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: How relationships are our real wealth.
Time Banking: An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
by Edgar CahnNov 17, 2011
- Why let the availability of money determine the range of the possible? Time banks are taking off, in ways you never expected.
Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
Oct 25, 2011
- There’s nothing like a college drop-out telling tales of getting fired and being diagnosed for cancer to fire up your students—and you—to pursue their passions. Especially when the speaker is the late Steve Jobs.
What Can Stop the One Percent?
by Naomi KleinOct 10, 2011
- Naomi Klein: There’s only one thing that can block the wish list of the one percent, and it’s a very big thing: the rest of us.
Living Right on the “Wrong” Side of Town
by Corbyn HightowerSep 07, 2011
- When Corbyn Hightower’s financial world fell apart, a ragtag community came together to show how lively neighborhoods grow new livelihoods.
Learning from the Biosphere
by David KortenApr 25, 2011
- Life provides us with time-tested system design principles. We violate them at our peril.
A System Designed to Crash
by David KortenMar 21, 2011
- To create a stable functioning financial system, we must first understand why the current financial system holds policy makers hostage to Wall Street interests. It is more than just political corruption.
System Failure? Look Upstream
by David KortenJan 25, 2011
- Why is our economic system consigning billions of people to degrading poverty, destroying Earth's ecosystem, and tearing up the social fabric of civilized community?
Portland, Maine: Swapping Ditch-Digging for Legal Services
Dec 20, 2010
- Video: David Brancaccio spends some time at Hour Exchange Portland.
How To Transform Your Household
by Shannon HayesDec 10, 2010
- Radical homemaking tips for everyone.
by Shannon HayesDec 10, 2010
- Caught in the consumer trap? Radical Homemaker Shannon Hayes discovered that producing what she needs at home lets her live on a fraction of what she thought she needed.