Financing the new economy.
Solidarity as Economic System
by Beverly Bellposted Mar 26, 2010
- In Haiti, sharing communities are proving more shock-proof in the wake of disaster than market-based economies.
Iceland Busts the Banksters
by John Nicholsposted Mar 10, 2010
- In a symbolic decision, democracy trumps capital as Icelanders say "no" to big bank bailouts.
Womanshare Deals in Skills, Community
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- 12 years ago YES! Magazine wrote about Womanshare, a grassroots group that allows members to exchange services for time, not money. Has the promise of the story we’ve published turned into reality?
Slow Money: Bringing Money Down to Earth
by Brooke Jarvisposted Nov 16, 2009
- Is there such a thing as money that's too fast? Slow Money founder Woody Tasch says yes, and he's trying to slow money down by connecting investors to their local economies.
Path to a Peace Economy
by David Kortenposted Oct 27, 2009
- A persistent pattern of violence against people, community, and nature is inherent in the institutional structure of our existing economy. We can’t resolve our current economic crisis with marginal regulatory adjustments. It is time to rethink and restructure.
Taxing Wealth for the Common Good
by Chuck Collinsposted Aug 05, 2009
- Why some high-income Americans are asking to pay more taxes.
How Banks Make Money
by Doug Pibelposted Jul 07, 2009
- Creating money out of thin air, a YES! infographic.
Small Banks, Radical Vision
by Zach Carterposted Jun 05, 2009
- Local banks can change the world, one investment at a time.
Dollars with Good Sense: DIY Cash
by Judith Schwartzposted Jun 05, 2009
- Three ways ordinary people are printing their own money without breaking the law.
Busted: 9 Economy Myths
posted Jun 05, 2009
- What the old economy didn’t do for us—and what a sustainable economy could do.
Book Review: No More Throw-away People by Edgar Cahn
by David Bollierposted Apr 26, 2005
- No More Throwaway People is a provocative analysis of the non-market economy and an inspiration for the social service community.
The Basic Function of Money
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 1997
- A nonprofit HMO for seniors called .
by David Boyleposted Jun 30, 1997
- Ithaca Hours
Beyond Greed and Scarcity
by Bernard Lietaerposted Jun 30, 1997
- Bernard Lietaer talks to Sarah van Gelder about the transformational effects of currency redesign.
The Trouble With Money
by Thomas Grecoposted Jun 30, 1997
- The dysfunctions of money creation