Global Trade Justice
Doing right by our global neighbors.
Seattle + 10
by David Kortenposted Jul 15, 2009
- Time to declare our independence from Wall Street
Advice for Obama from the Hemisphere
by Manuel Pérez-Rochaposted Apr 22, 2009
- The Institute for Policy Studies invited Latin American and Caribbean civil society leaders to share their recommendations for transforming the U.S. government's relationship with the hemisphere.
Food Rebellions: 7 Steps to Solving the Food Crisis
by Eric Holt-Gimenezposted Feb 13, 2009
- Resistance to the trade and “aid” policies that displace farmers and increase hunger.
People We Love :: Isabel Latorre
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Coffee for women's rights: Profile of Isabel Latorre, founder of Café Feminino
Ideas for a Better Food System :: Processing
posted Feb 13, 2009
- The women of Georgia Southern Alternatives Agriculture Co-op are providing jobs for young women by independently processing and selling their pecans.
The End of Poverty? :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2009
- 500 years after imperial globalization began, have we achieved the end of poverty?
WTO Photo Quiz
by Kevin Sharpposted Jul 30, 2008
- Photographer Kevin Sharp paired his photos of the 1999 event with stills from the new film. You might be surprised by what's real and what's not
The Battle in Seattle
posted Jul 18, 2008
- Watch the trailer to Stuart Townsend's account of the WTO protests in Seattle in 1999.
Focus on Fair Trade
posted Jun 30, 2008
- These three TransFair USA curricula are designed to help students understand the concept of fair trade and to highlight its values and significance to farmers and communities. Using familiar imported foods—chocolate, bananas and coffee—as the focus, your students will gain an appreciation for the hard work of the farmer and will feel empowered knowing their consumer choices have real impact on real people.
Reclaiming Corn and Culture
by Wendy Callposted May 22, 2008
- NAFTA was sold as a win-win. After 14 years of losing, Mexican farmers are making their own trade rules—fair ones.
Barefoot Photographers :: Photo Essay :4:
posted Feb 08, 2008
Bring Fair Trade into Your Classroom
posted Feb 01, 2008
- How students can tell big companies like World's Finest Chocolate that they demand an end to abusive child labor practices, and that they want to buy products that are Fair Trade Certified.
Interview with Susan Gleason
by Diane Hornposted Jun 27, 2007
- Susan Gleason talks about the US Social Forum in this 30-minute interview with Diane Horn, producer and host of the Sustainability Segment of KEXP.
Oscar Olivera: After the Water War
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 11, 2007
- Cochabamba's water wars have ended. With the multinationals gone, Oscar Olivera advocates a change in mindset.
by Mark Randazzoposted Nov 30, 2006
- Activists from around the world joined hands on the streets and in the corridors of power to protest WTO trade deals they said would harm people and the planet. They just won big.