Global Trade Justice
Doing right by our global neighbors.
Interview with Susan Gleason
by Diane Hornposted Jun 27, 2007
- Susan Gleason talks about the US Social Forum in this 30-minute interview with Diane Horn, producer and host of the Sustainability Segment of KEXP.
Oscar Olivera: After the Water War
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 11, 2007
- Cochabamba's water wars have ended. With the multinationals gone, Oscar Olivera advocates a change in mindset.
by Mark Randazzoposted Nov 30, 2006
- Activists from around the world joined hands on the streets and in the corridors of power to protest WTO trade deals they said would harm people and the planet. They just won big.
Programming Our Vocabulary
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Aug 25, 2006
- The right continues to define the terms of debate. It is time for progressives to establish terms of their own.
Inviting Immigrants Out of the Shadows
by Oscar A Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah Andersonposted May 01, 2006
- How can undocumented workers come out of the shadows into an active work life in the US?
Alternatives to a Wall
by Oscar A. Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah Andersonposted May 01, 2006
- What effect do globalization trade policies have on illegal immigration in the US?
The Sweat Free Movement
by Lilja Ottoposted Mar 08, 2006
- Students, union members and textile workers act together to fight sweatshop clothing.
by Dee Axelrodposted Nov 08, 2005
- A Jewish Ugandan coffee farmer partners with Christian and Muslim neighbors to produce jobs, understanding, and a great coffee. Thanksgivingcoffee.com
Fair trade: for everyone's benefit
by Lilja Ottoposted Nov 07, 2005
- The fair trade movement has forged direct, stable, democratic trade relations between producers and consumers
Book Review: Dilemmas of Domination by Walden Bello
by Saul Landauposted Sep 26, 2005
- Walden Bello, scholar activist, has written a manifesto on how globalization works and fails.
Film Review: The Take and Argentina: Hope in Hard Times
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Apr 18, 2005
- Lisa Gale Garrigues reviews two films about Argentina during the economic crisis of 2002. Both films offer lessons in what ordinary people can do.
Zapatistas and the Globalization of Resistance
by Bill Weinbergposted May 20, 2004
- They launched their uprising as NAFTA took effect, brought activists together in the jungles of southern Mexico, and inspired a worldwide justice movement. Ten years later, the Zapatistas are still thinking global.
The Meaning of Cancun
by Walden Belloposted Dec 31, 2003
- WTO fifth ministerial: protest, Lee Kyung Hae, Group of 21, globalization
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang Sachsposted Mar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
This Is What Democracy Looked Like
by Amber Gallupposted Jun 30, 2000
- Amber Gallup reports from the IMF/World Bank protests in Washington, DC.