Global Trade Justice
Doing right by our global neighbors.
The Meaning of Seattle: Truth Only Becomes True Through Action
by Walden Belloposted Nov 25, 2009
- WTO+10: Before 1999, the momentum of globalization seemed to sweep everything in front of it, including the truth. But in Seattle, ordinary women and men made truth real with collective action.
Poverty, Global Trade Justice, and the Roots of Terrorism
by John Perkinsposted Nov 13, 2009
- To combat terrorism, we should address the root causes of poverty, says former "economic hit man" John Perkins.
Clash on Investment
by Sarah Andersonposted Nov 04, 2009
- Corporations are fighting for the right to sue over government actions—including health, environment, and other public interest regulations—that diminish the value of an investment.
The Virtues of Deglobalization
by Walden Belloposted Sep 25, 2009
- What do we do now that neoliberal globalization has failed? Walden Bello outlines 11 pillars of a deglobalized economy.
Seattle + 10
by David Kortenposted Jul 15, 2009
- Time to declare our independence from Wall Street
Advice for Obama from the Hemisphere
by Manuel Pérez-Rochaposted Apr 22, 2009
- The Institute for Policy Studies invited Latin American and Caribbean civil society leaders to share their recommendations for transforming the U.S. government's relationship with the hemisphere.
Food Rebellions: 7 Steps to Solving the Food Crisis
by Eric Holt-Gimenezposted Feb 13, 2009
- Resistance to the trade and “aid” policies that displace farmers and increase hunger.
People We Love :: Isabel Latorre
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Coffee for women's rights: Profile of Isabel Latorre, founder of Café Feminino
Ideas for a Better Food System :: Processing
posted Feb 13, 2009
- The women of Georgia Southern Alternatives Agriculture Co-op are providing jobs for young women by independently processing and selling their pecans.
The End of Poverty? :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2009
- 500 years after imperial globalization began, have we achieved the end of poverty?
WTO Photo Quiz
by Kevin Sharpposted Jul 30, 2008
- Photographer Kevin Sharp paired his photos of the 1999 event with stills from the new film. You might be surprised by what's real and what's not
The Battle in Seattle
posted Jul 18, 2008
- Watch the trailer to Stuart Townsend's account of the WTO protests in Seattle in 1999.
Focus on Fair Trade
posted Jun 30, 2008
- These three TransFair USA curricula are designed to help students understand the concept of fair trade and to highlight its values and significance to farmers and communities. Using familiar imported foods—chocolate, bananas and coffee—as the focus, your students will gain an appreciation for the hard work of the farmer and will feel empowered knowing their consumer choices have real impact on real people.
Reclaiming Corn and Culture
by Wendy Callposted May 22, 2008
- NAFTA was sold as a win-win. After 14 years of losing, Mexican farmers are making their own trade rules—fair ones.
Barefoot Photographers :: Photo Essay :4:
posted Feb 08, 2008