Resilient Ideas: Making Fruit Public
by Susan DeFreitasSep 09, 2010
- Art-infused activism to bring city fruit to the public.
Home-Grown Businesses: The Role of Grassroots Financing
by Stacy MitchellAug 26, 2010
- How businesses are turning to their neighbors for funding.
6 Ways to Start Sharing
by Stephanie SmithAug 25, 2010
- What do you do when you want to start sharing resources, but your community’s not into it?
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Sharing knowledge with the community, Fallen Fruit provides maps for locals to make use of public fruit trees.
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Urban ecovillages work to strengthen communities and bring neighbors, art, and environmental action together.
Score and Swap, For Free!
Aug 13, 2010
- Wish there was a store where everything was free? New York's latest pop-up swap, Score!, has the answer.
A Different Kind of Ownership Society
by Marjorie Kelly, Shanna RatnerAug 03, 2010
- Innovative strategies for cooperative local ownership make it possible for prosperity to be shared as well as sustainable.
How to Share a Waffle
by Abby QuillenJul 19, 2010
- Bartering for your breakfast: One step closer to a local economy?
Taking Financial Reform into Our Own Hands
by Stacy MitchellJul 15, 2010
- Why we can't let this financial reform bill be our only response to the economic crisis.
How to Share Time
by Mira LunaJul 08, 2010
- When dollars are scarce, timebanks help neighbors swap skills, instead.
Bailouts Redefined: Interview with David Korten
by Sarah van GelderJun 28, 2010
- David Korten, author of Agenda for a New Economy and an attendee of the US Social Forum, on how a new economy can bail out both people and nature.
Haitian Farmers: So All Can Eat, Produce It Here
by Doudou Pierre with Beverly BellJun 15, 2010
- Haitians are working to make food sovereignty a key part of post-earthquake rebuilding.
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley ChangJun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
Lighting the Way to a New Economy
by David KortenMay 31, 2010
- All across the United States and Canada people are rebuilding their local economies to restore community and regain control of their economic lives. How do these local efforts add up to global economic transformation? I delivered this keynote address to the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) in Charleston, NC on May 22, 2010 on the theme "Lighting the Way to a New Economy."
Jobs, Not Handouts
by David KortenMay 09, 2010
- David Korten: Wall Street's plunge shows what's wrong with phantom wealth. Why support that system when we could be creating jobs in the real economy?