Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David KortenJun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David KortenJun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
But What About My 401(k)?
by David KortenMay 31, 2011
- Credit cards, mortgages, insurance, retirement: We can meet our basic financial needs (and find real security) without Wall Street.
7 Ways to Stop Wall Street’s Con Game
by David KortenMay 23, 2011
- Whether it’s done by Wall Street or the mafia, theft is theft
The World of Our Dreams
by David KortenApr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
Our Human Nature
by David KortenApr 12, 2011
- Greed is a sign of moral and psychological immaturity. Psychologically and morally mature adults are caring, cooperative, and honest.
Greed is Not a Virtue
by David KortenApr 05, 2011
- Wall Street's celebration and promotion of moral perversion as a virtue must be exposed and condemned.
We’re Number One!
by James Gustave SpethMar 22, 2011
- America is number one in quite a few areas—but they're not all accomplishments to be proud of.
A System Designed to Crash
by David KortenMar 21, 2011
- To create a stable functioning financial system, we must first understand why the current financial system holds policy makers hostage to Wall Street interests. It is more than just political corruption.
Phantom Wealth and False Expectations
by David KortenMar 15, 2011
- Playing money games to profit from false expectations is not the same as investing in jobs that produce real value to meet real needs
7 Steps for Action Toward a New Economy
by David KortenMar 02, 2011
- Rather than turning again to increased global competition to mend our failing economy, we must instead steer our focus toward cooperation and equality.
Clueless Economists, Smart Ecologists
by David KortenFeb 22, 2011
- To successfully address climate change and extreme poverty, the mindset of the economist must give way to the mindset of the ecologist.
A Real-Market Alternative
by David KortenFeb 15, 2011
- Our current economic choice is not between capitalism and communism. It is between locally accountable Main Street markets and Wall Street central planning by predatory global financiers.
Film Trailer: The Economics of Happiness
Feb 14, 2011
- How going local can restore our ecosystems, our societies, and our spirits.
Good Debt, Bad Debt
by David KortenFeb 08, 2011
- Is using debt to create money a bad idea? It depends on where the money goes.