Our Human Nature
by David KortenApr 12, 2011
- Greed is a sign of moral and psychological immaturity. Psychologically and morally mature adults are caring, cooperative, and honest.
Greed is Not a Virtue
by David KortenApr 05, 2011
- Wall Street's celebration and promotion of moral perversion as a virtue must be exposed and condemned.
We’re Number One!
by James Gustave SpethMar 22, 2011
- America is number one in quite a few areas—but they're not all accomplishments to be proud of.
A System Designed to Crash
by David KortenMar 21, 2011
- To create a stable functioning financial system, we must first understand why the current financial system holds policy makers hostage to Wall Street interests. It is more than just political corruption.
Phantom Wealth and False Expectations
by David KortenMar 15, 2011
- Playing money games to profit from false expectations is not the same as investing in jobs that produce real value to meet real needs
7 Steps for Action Toward a New Economy
by David KortenMar 02, 2011
- Rather than turning again to increased global competition to mend our failing economy, we must instead steer our focus toward cooperation and equality.
Clueless Economists, Smart Ecologists
by David KortenFeb 22, 2011
- To successfully address climate change and extreme poverty, the mindset of the economist must give way to the mindset of the ecologist.
A Real-Market Alternative
by David KortenFeb 15, 2011
- Our current economic choice is not between capitalism and communism. It is between locally accountable Main Street markets and Wall Street central planning by predatory global financiers.
Film Trailer: The Economics of Happiness
Feb 14, 2011
- How going local can restore our ecosystems, our societies, and our spirits.
Good Debt, Bad Debt
by David KortenFeb 08, 2011
- Is using debt to create money a bad idea? It depends on where the money goes.
Money From Nothing?
by David KortenFeb 01, 2011
- Through their accounting slight of hand, Wall Street illusionists convince even themselves that they are enriching society rather than preying on it.
Beyond GDP: UK to Measure Well-Being
by Laura StollJan 27, 2011
- The UK is trying out a new way to see if government policies are improving people’s lives: ask.
System Failure? Look Upstream
by David KortenJan 25, 2011
- Why is our economic system consigning billions of people to degrading poverty, destroying Earth's ecosystem, and tearing up the social fabric of civilized community?
The Illusion of Money
by David KortenJan 18, 2011
- Liberation from subservience to Wall Street begins with a recognition that money is just a number of no intrinsic value.
Why the Kings of Bhutan Ride Bicycles
by Madhu Suri PrakashJan 14, 2011
- Bhutanese Prime Minister Jigmi Y. Thinley on Gross National Happiness, his country's traditions, and the importance of democracy.