Measuring Real Wealth
There's more to life than GDP.
The Case for Taxing the Wealthy
posted Nov 28, 2011
- The 1% didn’t get there by themselves. Chuck Collins offers a TED Talk on why the wealthy should pay it forward.
Time Banking: An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
by Edgar Cahnposted Nov 17, 2011
- Why let the availability of money determine the range of the possible? Time banks are taking off, in ways you never expected.
We Are the 1% ... And We Stand With the 99%
by Jesse Estrinposted Nov 09, 2011
- Not everyone at the top of the economic system thinks it's a fair one. Why Jesse Estrin—and many others—decided to stand with the rest of us.
Work Less, Live More
by Juliet Schorposted Sep 02, 2011
- Working fewer hours could help save our economy, our sanity, and the planet.
Does Inequality Make Us Unhappy?
by Carmen Sobczakposted Aug 25, 2011
- A new study suggests Americans' happiness declines when there’s a wider gap between rich and poor.
How To Build a People’s Movement
by Seth Borgosposted Aug 17, 2011
- Now’s the time to challenge economic orthodoxy—but only a massive social movement can turn things around.
Debt Crisis? Try Growth Crisis
by Richard Heinbergposted Aug 03, 2011
- Video: Richard Heinberg explains why the debt crisis is really a growth crisis... and why that might not be such a bad thing.
Toward a Post-Growth Society
by James Gustave Spethposted Jul 06, 2011
- Gus Speth: It’s business as usual that’s the utopian fantasy, while creating something very new and different is the pragmatic way forward.
Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David Kortenposted Jun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David Kortenposted Jun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
But What About My 401(k)?
by David Kortenposted May 31, 2011
- Credit cards, mortgages, insurance, retirement: We can meet our basic financial needs (and find real security) without Wall Street.
7 Ways to Stop Wall Street’s Con Game
by David Kortenposted May 23, 2011
- Whether it’s done by Wall Street or the mafia, theft is theft
The World of Our Dreams
by David Kortenposted Apr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
Our Human Nature
by David Kortenposted Apr 12, 2011
- Greed is a sign of moral and psychological immaturity. Psychologically and morally mature adults are caring, cooperative, and honest.
Greed is Not a Virtue
by David Kortenposted Apr 05, 2011
- Wall Street's celebration and promotion of moral perversion as a virtue must be exposed and condemned.