A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Village Women Become their Own
by Frances Moore Lappéposted May 25, 2006
- The poorest women in the world are coming together in groups of 15 to 25, saving regularly, and teaching each other how to read, write, and keep simple accounts. They’re forming their own village banks, calculating interest, and making small loans to each other to start or expand small businesses.
The Great Turning as Compass and Lens
by Joanna Macyposted May 10, 2006
- The Great Turning invites us to lift our eyes from the cramped closet of short-term thinking and see the larger historical landscape.
Portrait of a Perfect Economic
by David Kortenposted May 08, 2006
- Graphics showing climate change, financial meltdown and peak oil
Entrepreneurs of cooperation
by Jonathan Roweposted May 08, 2006
- After the 1929 crash, workers created a cooperative economy, using industrial leftovers and ingenuity. It was called the Unemployed Exchange Association or UXA. What could we do with that cooperative model today?
Inviting Immigrants Out of the Shadows
by Oscar A Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah Andersonposted May 01, 2006
- How can undocumented workers come out of the shadows into an active work life in the US?
Alternatives to a Wall
by Oscar A. Chacón, Amy Shannon, Sarah Andersonposted May 01, 2006
- What effect do globalization trade policies have on illegal immigration in the US?
The Sweat Free Movement
by Lilja Ottoposted Mar 08, 2006
- Students, union members and textile workers act together to fight sweatshop clothing.
Local Businesses Counter Corporate Rule
by Merrian Fullerposted Mar 08, 2006
- The Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) lets small businesses network to help influence policies in a world controlled by corporate powers.
Houston Janitors Win Union
by Megan Tadyposted Mar 06, 2006
- The people who clean Houston's tallest buildings have won the right to organize and be represented by the Service Employees International Union.
Economic Rebirth After the Storm
by Meizhu Luiposted Feb 24, 2006
- United for a Fair Economy helps the devastated Houma Nation organize a new economic model for itself.
Bhutan's Secret for Happiness
by Pamela Changposted Feb 19, 2006
- Gross National Happiness is the country's priority.
Omar Freilla: Green Worker Cooperative
by Carolyn McConnellposted Feb 16, 2006
- The story of a worker owned cooperative to recycle in South Bronx.
Out of Time
by Jonathan Roweposted Nov 08, 2005
- The desperate quest to cram more into time has caused it to diminish. Could the cure for time scarcity be a vision of the Eternal?
Make a Living-With Dignity
by Michael Ramosposted Nov 08, 2005
- The religious community, labor unions, and community groups have come together to sponsor 122 living wage ordinances in towns large and small throughout the United States.
by Dee Axelrodposted Nov 08, 2005
- A Jewish Ugandan coffee farmer partners with Christian and Muslim neighbors to produce jobs, understanding, and a great coffee. Thanksgivingcoffee.com