Food Rebellions: 7 Steps to Solving the Food Crisis
by Eric Holt-GimenezFeb 13, 2009
- Resistance to the trade and “aid” policies that displace farmers and increase hunger.
Commentary :: Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David KortenFeb 13, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss … Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
People We Love :: Isabel Latorre
Feb 13, 2009
- Coffee for women's rights: Profile of Isabel Latorre, founder of Café Feminino
Signs of Life :: A Fight for Tenant's Rights
by Daniel FiresideFeb 13, 2009
- Tenant's rights groups are taking action to protect renters from eviction when banks foreclose on property owners.
Van Jones: Beyond the Politics of Confrontation
by Sarah van Gelder, Van JonesFeb 13, 2009
- Meet the man who’s convincing the country, and the new President, that the next economy needs to be green and just. Interview by Sarah van Gelder.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca SolnitFeb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."
The End of Poverty? :: Film Trailer
Feb 11, 2009
- 500 years after imperial globalization began, have we achieved the end of poverty?
A New America in the Making
by Grace Lee BoggsFeb 10, 2009
- While the Obama administration in D.C. is doing its best to resuscitate a dying economic system, people on the ground have begun to create another America…
Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David KortenFeb 04, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss… Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
Five Green Economy Solutions
by Alisa GravitzJan 20, 2009
- Bold solutions from the green economy are the antidote to the broken economy—and can repair the damage and create a world that works for all. Green America's recommendations to the Obama transition team.
The Speech President Obama Should Deliver… But Won't
by David KortenJan 14, 2009
- David Korten's new book outlines an agenda to bring into being a new economy—locally based, community oriented, and devoted to creating a better life for all. In this excerpt Korten offers a version of the economic address to the nation he wishes Barack Obama were able to deliver.
The Obama Economic Stimulus — Will it Take Us Where We Need to Go?
by Sarah van GelderDec 07, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder writes to president-elect Obama, and ask whether his economic stimulus package will really take us where we need to go.
A Radical Plan for Funding a New Deal
by Ellen BrownDec 05, 2008
- Ellen Brown examines the challenge ahead for the Obama administration: she explores the option of buyouts, not bailouts, and lists 3 Ways to Fund the “New” New Deal.
Beyond the Bailout: Agenda for a New Economy
by David KortenNov 20, 2008
- The financial crisis has put to rest the myths that our economic institutions are sound and markets work best when deregulated. Our economic institutions have failed, not only financially, but also socially and environmentally. This, combined with the election of a new president with a mandate for change, creates an opportune moment to rethink and redesign.
A Sensible Plan for Recovery
by Institute for Policy StudiesNov 07, 2008
- The Institute for Policy Studies lays out a program to address the root causes of our financial collapse and restore trust and confidence in our economic system.