Can Workers Get a Fair Deal in the Gig Economy?
by Steven HillAug 23, 2016
- The whole sector won’t enjoy broader success until its companies learn how to combine flexible work with better treatment.
As #BankBlack Moves Money, Black Credit Unions Are Ready
by Zenobia JeffriesAug 20, 2016
- While the number of Black-owned banks is down to only 22, there are 318 Black credit unions uniquely positioned to invest in their communities.
When You Don’t Have a Traditional Job, This Is How You Get Creative
by Martin do NascimentoAug 18, 2016
- Austin, Texas, leads the nation in people with jobs outside the 9-to-5 economy.
#IamtheGigEconomy: Love Being Your Own Boss or Desperate for a Traditional Job?
by YES! StaffAug 17, 2016
- Tell us about your gig life by using #IamtheGigEconomy.
The U.S. Just Surpassed the Number of Breweries We Had in 1873
by Liza Bayless, Kate StringerAug 16, 2016
- And 26 other facts you should probably know.
How to Break the Power of Money
by David KortenAug 10, 2016
- We can refuse to accept the pervasive, but false, claims that money is wealth and a growing GDP improves the lives of all.
Why Bicycle Justice Isn’t a White Guy in Spandex
by Elly BlueAug 10, 2016
- Well, it doesn’t have to be. People of color make up the fastest-growing demographic among cyclists, and everyone benefits.
Why Say No to the TPP? Corporations Already Have Too Much Power
by Sarah van GelderAug 03, 2016
- Our hope lies in shifting power to communities and regions that prioritize safety, clean air, children’s health, and locally rooted livelihoods.
Tired of Waiting for Corporate High-Speed Internet, Minnesota Farm Towns Build Their Own
by Ben DeJarnetteAug 03, 2016
- A unique community-owned broadband cooperative will free dozens of tiny towns and farms from reliance on slower corporate providers.
Thousands Moving Money to Black-Owned Banks
by Zenobia JeffriesAug 03, 2016
- The latest response to discrimination and police brutality is renewed calls to #BankBlack and bring economic empowerment to struggling communities.
Buy Low, Sell Never: Why Not Just Buy the Entire Coal Industry?
by Mark TrahantJul 23, 2016
- Coal left in the ground is an investment in the climate, as well as the future of families in rural communities and the tribes.
Florida Town Proposes a Ban on Super PACs—What Could Happen?
by Carolina CruzJul 21, 2016
- Not only would the ordinance get big money out of St. Petersburg elections, but it could lead to a legal clash ending super PACs across the country.
Can Industrial Hemp Save Kentucky’s Small Farms?
by Catherine V. MooreJul 20, 2016
- As tobacco declines, some hope that hemp can be a “gateway crop” to financial sustainability for the state’s small farms.
Tell Us About the Revolution Where You Live
by YES! StaffJul 15, 2016
- The 20th anniversary issue of YES! will show you, state by state, how change happens when communities work together. Tell us what’s happening where you live today.
“Free” Trade? Fraud Alert
by David KortenJul 13, 2016
- The deceptive branding behind corporatists’ preference for the term “free trade” over simply “trade.”