Crossroads in Copenhagen
by Phaedra Ellis-LamkinsDec 17, 2009
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins discusses the conflicting emotions that Copenhagen causes.
Debt Relief: The Results Are In
by Hayley HathawayDec 17, 2009
- Debt relief has allowed poor nations to pay for schools and health care instead of loan interest. A new bill in the U.S. Congress would offer relief to more countries and make lending more responsible.
Was Lehman So Long Ago?
by Robert WeissmanDec 16, 2009
- While the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act makes some positive strides, what's really needed is a popular uprising for stronger regulation.
Bolivia's Economic Success
by Sara KozamehDec 16, 2009
- By regaining public ownership of natural resources and focusing on social programs, the Morales administration has achieved record growth despite the recession.
Why is Costa Rica Smiling?
by Lisa Gale GarriguesDec 15, 2009
- How a focus on peace is helping this Central American country top the Happy Planet Index.
Human Rights in the Age of Obama
by Tanya DawkinsDec 15, 2009
- Interview with Ajamu Baraka: Protecting human rights during a recession means rethinking the role of government, taking direct action, and creating an equitable society.
Seeds of a Movement for the Unemployed
by Jake BlumgartDec 15, 2009
- Where do working Americans turn when they lose their jobs?
People We Love :: Lorraine Kerwood
by Keeley HardingDec 15, 2009
- Rebuilding computers for the community.
Womanshare Deals in Skills, Community
by Heather PurserDec 15, 2009
- 12 years ago YES! Magazine wrote about Womanshare, a grassroots group that allows members to exchange services for time, not money. Has the promise of the story we’ve published turned into reality?
How the Seattle WTO Protests Changed the World
Dec 14, 2009
- Video: United Steelworkers remember the union role in taking on the WTO.
Recovery Act's Green Jobs: Weatherization in New York City
Dec 11, 2009
- 640,329 jobs have been created or saved by the Recovery Act. Green for All provides a glimpse into how the program affects the people who hold those jobs and the residents receiving weatherization services in New York City.
Africa and the Economic Crisis
by Emira WoodsDec 09, 2009
- The recession creates an opportunity to challenge flawed existing models and assert new strategies for Africa's economic progress.
The Copenhagen Moment
Dec 08, 2009
- Video: Leaders of the climate justice movement on turning the U.N. negotiations in Copenhagen into a true global turning point.
Putting the Science of Happiness Into Practice
by John de GraafDec 06, 2009
- Countries around the world are beginning to apply the science of well-being to the decisions they make. News from the 5th International Conference on Gross National Happiness.
4 Quick Ways to Boost Employment
by Dean BakerDec 04, 2009
- Rights for renters, flexible work schedules, and other ways to create jobs.