A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Stopping the Big Boxes
by Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 1999
- stopping Wal-Mart
"Smart Growth" - Why Now?
by Peter Newmanposted Jun 30, 1999
by David Kortenposted Jun 30, 1999
- David Korten, Paul Hawken, dialogue, corporate futures, sustainable business, post-corporate world
by Donella Meadowsposted Mar 31, 1998
- Donella Meadows finds a group of wealthy people organizing for greater fairness - for everyone.
City People: Women's Wealth
by Jane Wilson, Diana McCourtposted Jun 30, 1997
- Womanshare—a micro-economy of skill sharing, entrepreneurship, and mutual aid.
by Margaret Wertheimposted Jun 30, 1997
- A virtual world of natural enchantment and connection - Osmose by Canadian artist Char Davies.
The Basic Function of Money
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 1997
- A nonprofit HMO for seniors called .
Brewing a Future :: Zero Emissions in Namibia
by Keto Mshigeni, Gunter Pauliposted Jun 30, 1997
- A southern African brewery spawns a chicken farm, a fish farm, a mushroom plantation, a Spirulina plantation, an earthworm farm, jobs, and hope
Money Is a Human Artifact
by Edgar Cahnposted Jun 30, 1997
- Edgar Cahn developed Time Dollars as a way to rebuild community life.
Managing for Life
by Donella Meadowsposted Jun 30, 1997
- Going green has challenged the ingenuity of CEO Ray Anderson of Interface - but he wouldn't have it any other way, says Donella Meadows
by David Boyleposted Jun 30, 1997
- Ithaca Hours
Beyond Greed and Scarcity
by Bernard Lietaerposted Jun 30, 1997
- Bernard Lietaer talks to Sarah van Gelder about the transformational effects of currency redesign.
Money Versus Wealth
by David Kortenposted Jun 30, 1997
- David Korten distinguishes between money and the real wealth of people, nature, and community
The Trouble With Money
by Thomas Grecoposted Jun 30, 1997
- The dysfunctions of money creation
37 Ways to Join the Gift Economy
by Beverly Feldman, Charles Grayposted Jun 30, 1997
- You don't have to participate in a local currency or service exchange to be part of the cooperative gift economy. Any time you do a favor for a family member, neighbor, colleague, or stranger you're part of it. Here are some ways you can spend time in the gift economy, where you'll find fun, freedom, and connection.