A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Take Back Your Time Day
by John de Graafposted May 20, 2004
- Take Back Your Time Day by John de Graaf
U.S. And European Unions Hold Out For Peace
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- U.S. and European Unions oppose war in Iraq. AFL-CIO passes resolution against war. USLAW. Internat
Indicators: Issue #28
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Dec 31, 2003
- The people of Bolivia took to the streets in massive numbers in October, calling for more control over their country's oil resources and, finally, toppling President Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada.
Global Warming Costs Mount
by Krista Camenzindposted Dec 31, 2003
- Hottest September Worldwide, insurance costs of climate change, Global Warming Costs Mount by Krista Camenzind
The Meaning of Cancun
by Walden Belloposted Dec 31, 2003
- WTO fifth ministerial: protest, Lee Kyung Hae, Group of 21, globalization
by Kera Abrahamposted Dec 31, 2003
- Celebrating Resistance by Kera Abraham
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang Sachsposted Mar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
Keeping the Balance
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Mar 31, 2003
- An indigenous people at the tip of South America reclaims health, culture, and the vitality of the land.
This Is What Justice Looks Like
by Carol Estesposted Mar 31, 2003
- Until minutes before the deadline, no none knew if a proposed world criminal court could win needed support. It won by a landslide, and its creation opens new possibilities for the rule of law to replace the rule of fear and violence.
by Pam Changposted Mar 31, 2003
- What if house cleaning weren’t a thankless, low-paid, toxic job? Mayda Iglesias co-founded a cooperative that does eco-friendly cleaning. Business is great, her clients are happy, her health has improved, and her leadership is widely recognized.
Earth Democracy - an interview with Vandana Shiva
by Sarah Ruth van Gelder, Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2002
- an interview with Vandana Shiva, about seed saving, cultural insecurity, economic insecurity in India, hope
Women, Citizenship, and the End of
by Hilkka Pietilaposted Dec 31, 2002
- Nordic welfare society, Finland, Martha Organization,
Porto Alegre's Budget Of, By, And For the
by David Lewitposted Dec 31, 2002
- The people of Porto alegre, Brazil, get to decide how to spend their city's budget, and the benefits are evident in neighborhoods rich and poor.
by Victor Bremson, Erin Cusickposted Sep 30, 2002
- Living Economies resource guide, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures
economies for life - economías para la
by David Kortenposted Sep 30, 2002
- El lenguaje de la disfunción económica se ha tornado tan común que cuando utilizo en mis charlas la expresión “economía global suicida”, raramente necesito explicarla.