Go Local Resource Guide
Nov 13, 2006
- These resources offer ways you can get involved with the “Go Local” movement right now. Explore them; share them; start declaring your independence from the global corporate economy today
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeNov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
Green-Collar Jobs for Urban America
by Van Jones, Ben WyskidaNov 06, 2006
- Oakland discovers that green-collar jobs can revitalize its economy and sets out on the path to becoming a 'global green city.'
Creating Real Prosperity
by Frances Moore LappeNov 06, 2006
- Poor people are themselves creating the real job growth in much of the Global South through microcredit institutions and people's movements.
Independence from the Corporate Global Economy
by Ethan MillerOct 31, 2006
- Our current economy is failing us, but there are alternatives. The roots of small-scale, local economies are in place. We can make them grow.
Caffeinated Community Comeback: Small Ohio Town Discovers Power of Networking
by Frances Moore LappeOct 17, 2006
- A story of community redevelopment from the bottom up. Starting with a coffee shop, and adding artisans, classes, and the power of networking. June Holley now helps communities around the globe form Smart Networks by training and supporting Network Weavers. Appalachian Center for Economic Networks.
by Sarah van GelderSep 01, 2006
- The Southeast Social Forum prepares for a larger gathering of dedicated activists from all over U.S.
The Bronx, New York: Quality Job, Quality Care
by Eric LaursenAug 31, 2006
- Cooperative Home Care Associates offers home health care services with motivated employee owners and a cooperative that is growing.
Programming Our Vocabulary
by Frances Moore LappeAug 25, 2006
- The right continues to define the terms of debate. It is time for progressives to establish terms of their own.
Health Care Options at a Glance
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelAug 22, 2006
- The various health care options used around the world are detailed based on costs, coverage, who pays and other factors.
An Interpretation of Life
by Frances Moore LappeJun 13, 2006
- Frances Moore Lappe visits North-Central Italy to learn how cooperatives have succeeded in driving the local economy
Bolivian Coca Workers Cheer "Social and Cultural Revolution"
by Juliette BeckJun 01, 2006
- Hugo Chavez and Cuban vice president help Morales stir troops for upcoming Constituent Assembly election.
Time to Get Smart About Energy
by Fran KortenMay 30, 2006
- The debate regarding global warming and peak oil is moving into a different direction, from "is it happening" to "what do we do now?"
Village Women Become their Own
by Frances Moore LappeMay 25, 2006
- The poorest women in the world are coming together in groups of 15 to 25, saving regularly, and teaching each other how to read, write, and keep simple accounts. They’re forming their own village banks, calculating interest, and making small loans to each other to start or expand small businesses.
The Great Turning as Compass and Lens
by Joanna MacyMay 10, 2006
- The Great Turning invites us to lift our eyes from the cramped closet of short-term thinking and see the larger historical landscape.