A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Lessons for Building Lively Local Economies
by Grace Boggsposted May 29, 2012
- Grace Boggs on what she learned at the 2012 BALLE conference.
Treaty Like It’s 1999: Connecting the Dots on Trade
by Raj Patelposted May 25, 2012
- From Japan, Raj Patel on the expansion of the Trans-Pacific trade agreement and the homegrown battle to stop it.
The Rise of the New Economy Movement
by Gar Alperovitzposted May 23, 2012
- There’s economic reform, and then there’s economic transformation. How entrepreneurs, activists, and theorists are laying the groundwork for a very different economy.
Fighting Foreclosure Together
by Laura Gottesdienerposted May 21, 2012
- The demand for housing justice is bringing activists from different ideologies together to fight—and win—against foreclosures.
The Perks of Being Gainfully Unemployed
by Shannon Hayesposted May 18, 2012
- Is job security real security? Shannon Hayes makes the case for diversifying your income.
Endowment Activism: How Students Can Move Big Money
by Martha van Gelderposted May 17, 2012
- Think broke students have no power to influence Wall Street? Think again.
Spanish Indignados Return to City Squares
by Ter Garciaposted May 15, 2012
- Tens of thousands celebrated the 15M movement’s birthday in cities across Spain.
The Bank Vs. America Showdown
by Mark Englerposted May 11, 2012
- In shareholders’ meetings and in the streets, how 99% Power is taking on Bank of America.
Mobile Slaughterhouses Help Meat Go Local
by Katherine Gustafsonposted May 10, 2012
- Scarcity of certified processing facilities is one reason the meat industry is so consolidated—so farmer Bruce Dunlop invented a mobile slaughterhouse.
How I Found Happiness (in 130 Square Feet)
by Ella Jenkinsposted May 10, 2012
- Photo Essay: Don’t think you know how to build your own house? Neither did 23-year-old Ella Jenkins before she picked up the tools and started.
Move Our Money Month
posted May 09, 2012
- Still haven’t moved your money out of Wall Street?
A Vision of America the Possible
by Gus Spethposted May 08, 2012
- Gus Speth imagines a compelling vision of a better, happier country—and how to make it possible.
OWS Marks May Day With a Beatific Vision and a Big March
by Nathan Schneiderposted May 02, 2012
- What will be the lasting impacts of Occupy’s latest major action?
Is Owning or Renting Better For You?
by Dean Bakerposted May 02, 2012
- How to know when it's smart to rent.
A Fair Trade iPad? How Apple Could Change the Industry's Game
by Heidi Bruceposted May 01, 2012
- This year's public outcry against Apple and Foxconn factory conditions might finally point electronics production in a fairer direction.