A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Time to Rediscover Poverty
by Barbara Ehrenreichposted Mar 15, 2012
- Barbara Ehrenreich: A new and more accurate understanding of American poverty is long overdue.
Preventing the Fall of Rome
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 14, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: Why transformative change to the economic system is needed and how it might be accomplished.
Our House, In the Middle of the Bank
posted Mar 13, 2012
- Video: What can you do when the bank takes away your house? Move into theirs.
My Unjustifiable Tax Break
by Dal LaMagnaposted Mar 13, 2012
- A millionaire tries out the justifications for paying a lower tax rate on his investments than Warren Buffet’s secretary does on her income.
Beyond Debt: An Economy of Gratitude
by Charles Eisensteinposted Mar 12, 2012
- Charles Eisenstein reviews David Graeber’s book, Debt: The First 5,000 Years.
Three Ways to Beat Corporate Giants
by Jim Shultzposted Mar 09, 2012
- How do Davids bring down Goliaths? Three tactics that worked.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
Is It Time to Tax the Internet?
by Jay Walljasperposted Mar 06, 2012
- How our communities can stop losing out on business and tax revenue.
How to Find Meaning and Money in Your Work
by Billy Parishposted Mar 05, 2012
- Millions of us are resigning ourselves to work that hurts us, hurts others, and damages the planet. We’re wasting our greatest assets.
Our Co-Owned Future
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 02, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: From health care to jobs to community development, why the future will be cooperative.
America the Possible: A Manifesto
by Gus Spethposted Mar 02, 2012
- It’s not too late to build an American Dream that lives up to our highest ideals.
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
Occupy vs. the Global Race to the Bottom
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted Feb 21, 2012
- Incorporating corporate globalization into the Occupy analysis and agenda.
What If Corporations Couldn’t Use Our Commons For Free?
by Peter Barnesposted Feb 21, 2012
- Peter Barnes: How our shared resources could become a source of common wealth.
How to Put People Back in Charge
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 20, 2012
- Corporate power is behind the politics of climate denial, Wall Street bailouts, union busting, and media consolidation, and more. What prospect do We the People have for putting power back where it belongs?