Something Better to Offer Trump Voters Tired of Waiting for Their Turn
by David KortenJan 11, 2017
- A world free of extremes of wealth and poverty in which no one needs to stand in line for a chance at a secure and fulfilling life.
Worried About Rent Hikes, 301 Families Came Together to Buy Their Mobile Home Park
by Olivia Anderson, Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromJan 09, 2017
- And five other creative ways Americans are stepping up to build strong local economies.
Call for Submissions: “Sanctuary Communities”
by YES! EditorsDec 29, 2016
- Send us your ideas by Jan. 25.
How Trump’s Extremism May Help Us Expose One of History’s Greatest Political Deceptions
by David KortenDec 28, 2016
- The Great Growth Con promises that economic growth—measured by gross domestic product—will benefit everyone, rich and poor alike.
New Year, New President, and Our Promise
by YES! EditorsDec 27, 2016
- We represent independent journalism. Even in the darkest times, you can depend on us to find the progressive solutions that will heal the planet and improve the lives of the many.
How Community Land Trusts Can Fix Detroit’s Foreclosure Mess
by Abigail Savitch-LewDec 23, 2016
- Nearly 1 in 6 properties across the city faced tax foreclosure last year. Land trusts are one way to keep buildings—whether housing or businesses—permanently affordable.
7 Things the Defund DAPL Campaign Has Achieved So Far (Including $28 Million in Personal Accounts Moved)
by Ari PaulDec 22, 2016
- Public and consumer pressure on banks to quit financing the Dakota Access pipeline companies is producing results.
The Fix-It Shop Where Neighbors Repair Your Clothes and Electronics
by Araz HachadourianDec 20, 2016
- Three years ago, they started a program to keep salvageable goods from landfills by harnessing the community’s collective skills to fix them.
6 Solutions That Support Native Sovereignty—From Tribal Schooling to Bison Herds
by Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromDec 19, 2016
- Florida’s Miccosukee is the first tribe allowed to run its own school, where students fully participate in family and cultural activities.
How Standing Rock’s Divest Campaign Can Stop Future Pipelines
by Colby DevittDec 16, 2016
- As banks begin to respond, environmental movements are learning the importance of speaking clearly about the financial risks of fossil fuel investment.
Seattle Takes Steps to Divest $3 Billion From Wells Fargo Over Standing Rock
by Ari PaulDec 15, 2016
- The proposal will be voted on next month and could have broader implications to ensure the city partners with socially responsible businesses.
Meet the Guy Corralling Billionaires to Fight Inequality
by Fran KortenDec 05, 2016
- Author Chuck Collins discusses growing up in the 1 percent, his unusual approach to fighting economic inequality, and what progressives need to do during a Trump administration.
7 Ways to Make an Even Bigger Impact When You Divest From DAPL
by Colby DevittDec 01, 2016
- Closing your bank account is just the beginning.
Is Your Bank Funding DAPL? Here’s How to Find One That Isn’t
by Gerald MitchellDec 01, 2016
- There’s an entire industry of ethically minded banks and financial institutions out there to choose from.
This Organic Food Company Doesn’t Discriminate Against Ex-Offenders—It Seeks Them Out
by Olivia AndersonNov 25, 2016
- Lancaster Food Company searches for job applicants who need help getting back on their feet. So far, not one has quit.