A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
No Vacation Nation
by John de Graafposted Sep 04, 2009
- Along with paid vacation, we're missing out on happiness, better health, and a more sustainable society.
Signs of Life :: Sit-In Keeps Factory Open
by Laura Kaliebeposted Aug 28, 2009
- Workers at the Des Plaines, Illinois, Hartmarx factory voted to stage a sit-in this June against banking giant Wells Fargo.
Taxing Wealth for the Common Good
by Chuck Collinsposted Aug 05, 2009
- Why some high-income Americans are asking to pay more taxes.
Navajo Nation Council Votes For Green Jobs
posted Jul 31, 2009
- The first green jobs bill from America's First Nations promises much needed, culturally appropriate jobs.
How California Could Turn its IOUs Into Dollars
by Ellen Brownposted Jul 28, 2009
- If California were to deposit its money in its own state-owned bank, it could have enough credit to solve its budget crisis with funds to spare.
Mali's Gift Economy
by Beverly Bellposted Jul 22, 2009
- In Mali, one of the most cash poor nations in the world, "dama" or the gift economy is thriving.
Protecting What We Love: Judy Wicks
posted Jul 22, 2009
- Interview with local living economies advocate Judy Wicks.
Seattle + 10
by David Kortenposted Jul 15, 2009
- Time to declare our independence from Wall Street
New Economy, New Ways to Do Finance
posted Jul 07, 2009
- As mega-finance crumbles, many farsighted individuals are putting their money in enterprises and financial institutions that benefit working Americans and the places they live.
posted Jul 07, 2009
Age-Old Wisdom for the New Economy
by Sarah van Gelder, Rebecca Adamsonposted Jul 07, 2009
- Indigenous peoples have learned a few things about making it through hard times. Rebecca Adamson discusses what traditional economies did to foster abundance, sharing, and harmony with Mother Earth.
How Banks Make Money
by Doug Pibelposted Jul 07, 2009
- Creating money out of thin air, a YES! infographic.
Money from Nothing
by James Robertsonposted Jul 07, 2009
- Supplying money should be a public service, not a cash cow for banks.
Thrift and Shift: 2 Ways to Prioritize the Economy
by Alisa Gravitzposted Jul 07, 2009
- A different recipe is needed-with fresh priorities: let’s make things that last, and shift to a new green engine, that provides well-being for all.
The New Economy Starts Now
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 07, 2009
- The new economy is about increasing quality of life, improving health, and restoring the environment.