Haitian Farmers: So All Can Eat, Produce It Here
by Doudou Pierre with Beverly BellJun 15, 2010
- Haitians are working to make food sovereignty a key part of post-earthquake rebuilding.
Weaving A Great Turning: Transition Albany Takes It Step-by-Step
by Pamela O'Malley ChangJun 10, 2010
- A follow-up on the efforts to transform a 1.7-square-mile California town into a self-sufficient and resilient community.
Health Care Economics 101
by Ken FabertJun 02, 2010
- When it comes to health care, everyone can't have everything right away. But we can make smarter choices that don't leave anyone out in the cold.
Lighting the Way to a New Economy
by David KortenMay 31, 2010
- All across the United States and Canada people are rebuilding their local economies to restore community and regain control of their economic lives. How do these local efforts add up to global economic transformation? I delivered this keynote address to the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) in Charleston, NC on May 22, 2010 on the theme "Lighting the Way to a New Economy."
Alaska Native Wisdom for Modern Times
by Llarion MerculieffMay 27, 2010
- The Roman Empire lasted for 500 years; southwest Alaska’s Aleuts for 9,000. As the economy crumbles, what can Alaska Natives teach us about sustainable economics?
Reining in Wall Street: Round 1
by Sarah AndersonMay 26, 2010
- Congress is about to pass the first financial reform bill after the meltdown, which includes small positive steps. But there are two key pieces of unfinished business.
The Work Ahead
by Shannon HayesMay 24, 2010
- Growing renewed relationships with our food, homes, and communities requires getting our hands dirty.
Marching on K Street to Transform Wall Street
by John CavanaghMay 17, 2010
- To curb Wall Street's power, we need to get our own government back on our side.
More States May Create Public Banks
by Ellen BrownMay 13, 2010
- Several states are studying the prospects of a state-owned bank or are considering legislation to make one possible.
Debt vs. Localization: Climate Justice in the New Economy
by David KortenMay 12, 2010
- David Korten: Where does the concept of “climate debt” fit into a New Economy framework?
Replacing Coal with Green Jobs in Navajo Nation
by Yvonne LiuMay 11, 2010
- Shutting down coal mines was a first step. Now Navajo activists are working for a new, green-jobs economy.
Jobs, Not Handouts
by David KortenMay 09, 2010
- David Korten: Wall Street's plunge shows what's wrong with phantom wealth. Why support that system when we could be creating jobs in the real economy?
Neighbors for a New Economy
by Chuck CollinsMay 05, 2010
- In Greenfield, Mass., a group of neighbors have formed a support group to face their changing world.
David Korten on His Work and Mission
by David KortenMay 01, 2010
- YES! Magazine board chair David Korten speaks about his life’s work, and what drew him to become involved with YES! Magazine.
A New Deal for Local Economies
by Stacy MitchellApr 29, 2010
- More local, durable economies are already taking root. We can help them along by changing the way we regulate businesses, plan cities, and finance the communities we want.