A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
The Economics of Happiness
by Saamah Abdallahposted Sep 21, 2009
- In France, a ground-breaking commission of leading economists suggests that nations look beyond GDP.
Green the Block :: Beauty from the Ashes
by Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins and Rev. Lennox Yearwoodposted Sep 17, 2009
- To honor the victims of September 11, 2001, urban communities involved in the green jobs movement spent the anniversary of the attacks building stronger communities through service.
Protecting Local Farms
by Lynn Byczynskiposted Sep 17, 2009
- Small-scale farmers fear that new regulations meant for industrial agriculture will burden them unfairly.
Trade Your Job
by Valerie Saturenposted Sep 09, 2009
- The old apprenticeship model of learning by doing gets new life as people who’ve been left out of the job market train to meet the growing demand for green-collar workers.
Can a Farm State Feed Itself?
by Brooke Jarvisposted Sep 04, 2009
- Tired of depending on imports, Illinois looks to local food.
No Vacation Nation
by John de Graafposted Sep 04, 2009
- Along with paid vacation, we're missing out on happiness, better health, and a more sustainable society.
Signs of Life :: Sit-In Keeps Factory Open
by Laura Kaliebeposted Aug 28, 2009
- Workers at the Des Plaines, Illinois, Hartmarx factory voted to stage a sit-in this June against banking giant Wells Fargo.
Taxing Wealth for the Common Good
by Chuck Collinsposted Aug 05, 2009
- Why some high-income Americans are asking to pay more taxes.
Navajo Nation Council Votes For Green Jobs
posted Jul 31, 2009
- The first green jobs bill from America's First Nations promises much needed, culturally appropriate jobs.
How California Could Turn its IOUs Into Dollars
by Ellen Brownposted Jul 28, 2009
- If California were to deposit its money in its own state-owned bank, it could have enough credit to solve its budget crisis with funds to spare.
Mali's Gift Economy
by Beverly Bellposted Jul 22, 2009
- In Mali, one of the most cash poor nations in the world, "dama" or the gift economy is thriving.
Protecting What We Love: Judy Wicks
posted Jul 22, 2009
- Interview with local living economies advocate Judy Wicks.
Seattle + 10
by David Kortenposted Jul 15, 2009
- Time to declare our independence from Wall Street
New Economy, New Ways to Do Finance
posted Jul 07, 2009
- As mega-finance crumbles, many farsighted individuals are putting their money in enterprises and financial institutions that benefit working Americans and the places they live.
posted Jul 07, 2009