New Economy, New Ways to Do Finance
Jul 07, 2009
- As mega-finance crumbles, many farsighted individuals are putting their money in enterprises and financial institutions that benefit working Americans and the places they live.
Jul 07, 2009
Age-Old Wisdom for the New Economy
by Sarah van Gelder, Rebecca AdamsonJul 07, 2009
- Indigenous peoples have learned a few things about making it through hard times. Rebecca Adamson discusses what traditional economies did to foster abundance, sharing, and harmony with Mother Earth.
How Banks Make Money
by Doug PibelJul 07, 2009
- Infographic: How to create money out of thin air.
Money from Nothing
by James RobertsonJul 07, 2009
- Supplying money should be a public service, not a cash cow for banks.
Thrift and Shift: 2 Ways to Prioritize the Economy
by Alisa GravitzJul 07, 2009
- A different recipe is needed-with fresh priorities: let’s make things that last, and shift to a new green engine, that provides well-being for all.
The New Economy Starts Now
by Sarah van GelderJul 07, 2009
- The new economy is about increasing quality of life, improving health, and restoring the environment.
3 Ways to Invest in Your Community
by Jeff GoldenJul 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden suggests ways you can revive the old classic: community investment.
Connect and Engage: Teaching about Today's Economy
by Jing FongJul 07, 2009
- Here are lessons plans and curriculum to help your students better understand the cause and effects of the current housing upheaval, the concepts of work (what kind of work is paid?) and workplace, and definitions of wealth.
Teaching Economics As If People Mattered
by Jing FongJun 30, 2009
- United for a Fair Economy’s (UFE) economic education curricula and workshops are dynamic resources for high school and adult continuing education teachers, and college faculty.
Why This Crisis May Be Our Best Chance to Build a New Economy
by David KortenJun 19, 2009
- Wall Street is bankrupt. Instead of trying to save it, we can build a new economy that puts money and business in the service of people and the planet—not the other way around.
Out of the Ashes of GM: the Phoenix of Renewable Energy
by Ellen BrownJun 10, 2009
- Out of the ashes of a failed GM could arise not only a new, clean way of traveling but a new way of funding government and the services we expect from it.
Cleveland’s Worker-Owned Boom
by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard, Steve DubbJun 05, 2009
- Rust-belt to recovery through worker-owned business and city, hospital, and university cooperation.
Mondragón Worker-Cooperatives Decide How to Ride Out a Downturn
by Georgia Kelly, Shaula MassenaJun 05, 2009
- Mondragón Cooperative Corporation: Look who makes the profits.
Worker Co-ops: Green and Just Jobs You Can Own
by James Trimarco, Jill BamburgJun 05, 2009
- A South Bronx worker co-op turns trash into treasure.