A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Life in a Real-Wealth Economy
by David Kortenposted May 08, 2009
- David Korten says: “The idea of deep and potentially wrenching change can be frightening. I have written this fictional account of life in the real-wealth New Economy in the hope it may make such a life easier to visualize.” Have a listen…
Discussion Guide :: The New Economy
by Catherine Baileyposted May 07, 2009
- Conversation starters and article summaries for the economy issue.
Community Investment: It’s Classic
by Jeff Goldenposted May 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden’s ideas and tips for sustainable investment.
31 Ways to Jump Start the Local Economy
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 07, 2009
- Build a secure, sustainable economy at home and in your community.
Just the Facts :: Why we can’t go back to the old economy
by Kim Eckart, Doug Pibel, Laura Kaliebeposted May 07, 2009
- We’re manufacturing money, not goods.
Theme Guide :: The New Economy
posted May 06, 2009
- This downturn marks the end of an unsustainable economy. Rather than trying to reinflate the old bubble economy, these activists, visionaries, and upstarts are trying something new: an economy that puts people first and works within the carrying capacity of Mother Earth.
Advice for Obama from the Hemisphere
by Manuel Pérez-Rochaposted Apr 22, 2009
- The Institute for Policy Studies invited Latin American and Caribbean civil society leaders to share their recommendations for transforming the U.S. government's relationship with the hemisphere.
Revive Lincoln’s Monetary Policy: an Open Letter to President Obama
by Ellen Brownposted Apr 07, 2009
- President Obama, the fate of our economy and the nation itself may depend on how well you understand Lincoln’s monetary breakthrough, the most far-reaching “economic stimulus plan” ever implemented by a U.S. President…
Too Big to Fail is Too Big
by David Kortenposted Mar 16, 2009
- Senator Bernie Sanders famously said that if a bank "is too big to fail, it probably is too big to exist." That should be a watchword slogan of any effort to fix the financial system, says David Korten.
Connect and Engage: Local Food
posted Mar 11, 2009
- Here’s an array of colorful, practical, and compelling materials that you can use not only in your classroom but also in your profession and everyday life.
PODCAST :: Van Jones: Why I’m Going to Washington
by Van Jones, Doug Pibelposted Mar 10, 2009
- YES! Editor Doug Pibel talked to Van Jones, following his acceptance of a position as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) in March 2009.
Van Jones: Why I’m Going to Washington
by Doug Pibel, Van Jonesposted Mar 10, 2009
- Exclusive interview with Van Jones in which he tells YES! Magazine why he decided to serve in the Obama Administration…
Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.
A Farmer Rounds Up Monsanto
by Doug Pibelposted Mar 03, 2009
- A Canadian farmer wins a decade-long battle with an agribusiness giant over "Roundup Ready" canola.
WANTED: A Commerce Secretary for Main
by Chuck Collinsposted Feb 17, 2009
- We now need a Commerce Secretary who will speak for the economic interests of the rest of us. Margot Dorfman, the CEO of the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce, would be an excellent choice.