A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Unions, Churches, & Schools
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 01, 2008
- Two new groups in the state of Washington are melding an awareness of the urgency of climate change with the organizing tools of the Industrial Areas Foundation to produce jobs that employ young people and can’t be moved overseas.
Green Jobs for All
by Ian Kimposted Feb 01, 2008
- The Green Jobs Act of 2007 addresses both the climate crisis and the poverty crisis by investing in green-collar job trainng.
China Goes Climate Cool
by Anna Faheyposted Jan 29, 2008
- Last summer, Chinese President Hu Jintao toured the country in short sleeves to show that people could turn their air conditioners down. Despite much bad press, in China conservation is "in."
Interview with Maude Barlow
by Maude Barlowposted Jan 15, 2008
- Maude Barlow, chair of Council of Canadians, and international campaigner on water and climate change, talks about successes with major international campaigns on trade and water, and how climate change will affect and be affected by these issues. She draws lessons from those struggles for effective action on the climate crisis.
In Review :: Branded!
by Fran Kortenposted Nov 07, 2007
- Fran Korten reviews Michael Conroy's 'Branded! - How the 'Certification Revolution' is Transforming Global Corporations.'
Commentary: New Flow in the Global Plumbing
by Jonathan Roweposted Nov 07, 2007
- There’s an effort underway to turn remittance payments from global workers into the foundation of a new grassroots development fund that bypasses the World Bank and IMF with their built-in agendas.
Building Autonomy, One Co-op at a Time
by Michael Foxposted Nov 07, 2007
- Over 20,000 member families live in cooperatively owned housing in Uruguay. The co-ops are not just housing members, but also involving them in social politics, management and organization. And they are working to spread the concept across the Americas.
Live Free—Do It Yourself
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug Pibelposted Nov 07, 2007
- The consumer life carries invisible chains. Let's make spaces where we can be free. Step off the path. Free of debt, free of consumerism, moving into community and joy.
Kristin Halvorsen Stands Up For Ethical Business
posted Aug 29, 2007
- Kristin Halvorsen Stands Up For Ethical Business
Ward Morehouse Stands Up For Citizen
posted Aug 29, 2007
- Ward Morehouse Stands Up For Citizen Control
People We Love
posted Jul 29, 2007
- People We Love: Kelydra Weckler, Reverend Todd Eklof, Lauren Jacobs, Corbin Harney
Corporations Resource Guide
by Catherine Baileyposted Jul 29, 2007
- How To Take On Corporations: Organizations, Grassroots Action and Films
7 Cool Companies
by Gar Alperovitz, Steve Dubb, Ted Howardposted Jul 29, 2007
- 7 of the best current models for changing who owns, controls and benefits from business. Profits can flow to workers, consumers or the community - not just outside investors. And these businesses succeed.
Living Wealth: Better Than Money
by David Kortenposted Jul 29, 2007
- If there is to be a human future, we must bring ourselves into balanced relationship with one another and the Earth. This requires building economies with heart.
What the US Social Forum Means to Me
by Alice Lovelaceposted Jun 27, 2007
- Imagine a world where everyone has what they need, where people make the decisions that matter and where government truly is for and by the people. Now, imagine we are working, talking, debating and planning to bring that world into being.