Main Street Businesses Take on Corporate Tax Havens
by Chuck CollinsAug 02, 2010
- Small businesses have decided they’re done picking up the slack when Wall Street dodges taxes.
The Right to Housing in Haiti
by Colette Lespinasse with Beverly BellJul 29, 2010
- With housing still inadequate more than 6 months after the earthquake, Haiti is witnessing the seeds of a people's movement to demand the human right to housing.
When Couches Become Communities
by David BollierJul 29, 2010
- Venturesome travelers are using the web—and the couches of strangers—to create an international gift economy of hospitality.
David Korten: Agenda For a New Economy, Revised and Expanded
Jul 28, 2010
- Video: YES! Magazine co-founder and board chair, David Korten, gives a preview of the second edition of Agenda for a New Economy.
Van Jones: Love Harder
by Van JonesJul 23, 2010
- Van Jones on how to put Americans back to work and pull America back together.
Greek Mythology: The Real Story of the European Debt Crisis
by Walden BelloJul 20, 2010
- If ever there was a crisis created by global finance, Greece is suffering from it right now.
How to Share a Waffle
by Abby QuillenJul 19, 2010
- Bartering for your breakfast: One step closer to a local economy?
Taking Financial Reform into Our Own Hands
by Stacy MitchellJul 15, 2010
- Why we can't let this financial reform bill be our only response to the economic crisis.
Pentagon Spending on the Chopping Block
by Christopher HellmanJul 15, 2010
- For the first time in years, there’s serious discussion about the size of our military budget.
The Case for a New WPA
by Kate McCormackJul 12, 2010
- Is it time to bring back this Depression-era program?
How to Share Time
by Mira LunaJul 08, 2010
- When dollars are scarce, timebanks help neighbors swap skills, instead.
Happy Cities for the Global South: Interview with Enrique Peñalosa
by Jay WalljasperJul 02, 2010
- Former Bogotá mayor Enrique Peñalosa is convincing city planners from Beijing to Mexico City to create lively public spaces that center around people and community, not cars.
Bailouts Redefined: Interview with David Korten
by Sarah van GelderJun 28, 2010
- David Korten, author of Agenda for a New Economy and an attendee of the US Social Forum, on how a new economy can bail out both people and nature.
First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaJun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.
Update: Post-Prison Garden Project Grows Earth Stewards
by Berit AndersonJun 25, 2010
- Ten years ago YES! Magazine reported on Cathrine Sneed and her Garden Project. Today there are 37 Earth Stewards and seven full-time Garden Project employees.