A Different Kind of Ownership Society
by Marjorie Kelly, Shanna RatnerAug 03, 2010
- Innovative strategies for cooperative local ownership make it possible for prosperity to be shared as well as sustainable.
Main Street Businesses Take on Corporate Tax Havens
by Chuck CollinsAug 02, 2010
- Small businesses have decided they’re done picking up the slack when Wall Street dodges taxes.
The Right to Housing in Haiti
by Colette Lespinasse with Beverly BellJul 29, 2010
- With housing still inadequate more than 6 months after the earthquake, Haiti is witnessing the seeds of a people's movement to demand the human right to housing.
When Couches Become Communities
by David BollierJul 29, 2010
- Venturesome travelers are using the web—and the couches of strangers—to create an international gift economy of hospitality.
David Korten: Agenda For a New Economy, Revised and Expanded
Jul 28, 2010
- Video: YES! Magazine co-founder and board chair, David Korten, gives a preview of the second edition of Agenda for a New Economy.
Van Jones: Love Harder
by Van JonesJul 23, 2010
- Van Jones on how to put Americans back to work and pull America back together.
Greek Mythology: The Real Story of the European Debt Crisis
by Walden BelloJul 20, 2010
- If ever there was a crisis created by global finance, Greece is suffering from it right now.
How to Share a Waffle
by Abby QuillenJul 19, 2010
- Bartering for your breakfast: One step closer to a local economy?
Taking Financial Reform into Our Own Hands
by Stacy MitchellJul 15, 2010
- Why we can't let this financial reform bill be our only response to the economic crisis.
Pentagon Spending on the Chopping Block
by Christopher HellmanJul 15, 2010
- For the first time in years, there’s serious discussion about the size of our military budget.
The Case for a New WPA
by Kate McCormackJul 12, 2010
- Is it time to bring back this Depression-era program?
How to Share Time
by Mira LunaJul 08, 2010
- When dollars are scarce, timebanks help neighbors swap skills, instead.
Happy Cities for the Global South: Interview with Enrique Peñalosa
by Jay WalljasperJul 02, 2010
- Former Bogotá mayor Enrique Peñalosa is convincing city planners from Beijing to Mexico City to create lively public spaces that center around people and community, not cars.
Bailouts Redefined: Interview with David Korten
by Sarah van GelderJun 28, 2010
- David Korten, author of Agenda for a New Economy and an attendee of the US Social Forum, on how a new economy can bail out both people and nature.
First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaJun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.