Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen BrownMar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.
A Farmer Rounds Up Monsanto
by Doug PibelMar 03, 2009
- A Canadian farmer wins a decade-long battle with an agribusiness giant over "Roundup Ready" canola.
WANTED: A Commerce Secretary for Main
by Chuck CollinsFeb 17, 2009
- We now need a Commerce Secretary who will speak for the economic interests of the rest of us. Margot Dorfman, the CEO of the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce, would be an excellent choice.
Everybody Eats :: How a Community Food System Works
Feb 13, 2009
- It begins with small farms working with natural cycles and ends with fresh food and stronger communities.
Food Rebellions: 7 Steps to Solving the Food Crisis
by Eric Holt-GimenezFeb 13, 2009
- Resistance to the trade and “aid” policies that displace farmers and increase hunger.
Commentary :: Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David KortenFeb 13, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss … Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
People We Love :: Isabel Latorre
Feb 13, 2009
- Coffee for women's rights: Profile of Isabel Latorre, founder of Café Feminino
Signs of Life :: A Fight for Tenant's Rights
by Daniel FiresideFeb 13, 2009
- Tenant's rights groups are taking action to protect renters from eviction when banks foreclose on property owners.
Van Jones: Beyond the Politics of Confrontation
by Sarah van Gelder, Van JonesFeb 13, 2009
- Meet the man who’s convincing the country, and the new President, that the next economy needs to be green and just. Interview by Sarah van Gelder.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca SolnitFeb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."
The End of Poverty? :: Film Trailer
Feb 11, 2009
- 500 years after imperial globalization began, have we achieved the end of poverty?
A New America in the Making
by Grace Lee BoggsFeb 10, 2009
- While the Obama administration in D.C. is doing its best to resuscitate a dying economic system, people on the ground have begun to create another America…
Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David KortenFeb 04, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss… Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
Five Green Economy Solutions
by Alisa GravitzJan 20, 2009
- Bold solutions from the green economy are the antidote to the broken economy—and can repair the damage and create a world that works for all. Green America's recommendations to the Obama transition team.
The Speech President Obama Should Deliver… But Won't
by David KortenJan 14, 2009
- David Korten's new book outlines an agenda to bring into being a new economy—locally based, community oriented, and devoted to creating a better life for all. In this excerpt Korten offers a version of the economic address to the nation he wishes Barack Obama were able to deliver.