Home-Grown Businesses: The Role of Grassroots Financing
by Stacy MitchellAug 26, 2010
- How businesses are turning to their neighbors for funding.
6 Ways to Start Sharing
by Stephanie SmithAug 25, 2010
- What do you do when you want to start sharing resources, but your community’s not into it?
Homeowners’ Rebellion: Could 62 Million Homes Be Foreclosure-Proof?
by Ellen BrownAug 18, 2010
- The financial juggling that helped cause the 2008 crisis may be coming back to haunt banks—and help homeowners.
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Sharing knowledge with the community, Fallen Fruit provides maps for locals to make use of public fruit trees.
Aug 13, 2010
- Video: Urban ecovillages work to strengthen communities and bring neighbors, art, and environmental action together.
Just the Facts :: Why Build Resilience?
by Kelly SheaAug 13, 2010
- Why build resilience now? Because here's what we can't rely on ...
Score and Swap, For Free!
Aug 13, 2010
- Wish there was a store where everything was free? New York's latest pop-up swap, Score!, has the answer.
Sticking Together in Tough Times
by Chuck CollinsAug 10, 2010
- With more workers facing long-term joblessness, the unemployed are working together for change.
The Work-Sharing Boom: Exit Ramp to a New Economy?
by Juliet SchorAug 09, 2010
- To cope with the recession, some companies are cutting hours instead of employees. Will the trend have long-term effects?
10 Common Sense Principles for a New Economy
by David KortenAug 06, 2010
- It’s time we the people declare our independence from the money-favoring Wall Street economy.
A Tale of Two Economies
by David KortenAug 04, 2010
- David Korten wants your help planning the narration for a new video about our economic choices: Wall Street's phantom wealth vs. the real wealth of a Main Street economy.
A Different Kind of Ownership Society
by Marjorie Kelly, Shanna RatnerAug 03, 2010
- Innovative strategies for cooperative local ownership make it possible for prosperity to be shared as well as sustainable.
Main Street Businesses Take on Corporate Tax Havens
by Chuck CollinsAug 02, 2010
- Small businesses have decided they’re done picking up the slack when Wall Street dodges taxes.
The Right to Housing in Haiti
by Colette Lespinasse with Beverly BellJul 29, 2010
- With housing still inadequate more than 6 months after the earthquake, Haiti is witnessing the seeds of a people's movement to demand the human right to housing.
When Couches Become Communities
by David BollierJul 29, 2010
- Venturesome travelers are using the web—and the couches of strangers—to create an international gift economy of hospitality.