Changing Business for Good :: Jill Bamburg
interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Jan 19, 2007
- How can business help create the world we want? Jill Bamburg, Dean of Bainbridge Graduate Institute's innovative MBA program, examines its basic premise: that doing good for people and the planet is good for business.
The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
by David KortenJan 02, 2007
- How will future generations remember our time? As the time when climate chaos, peak oil, and an unstable global economy unraveled society? Or as the time of a Great Turning?
The Business of BALLE
by Ann BartzNov 30, 2006
- The Business Alliance for Local Living Economies proves that locally owned companies can stand up to some of the harmful effects of globalization and foster the health and vitality of a region.
:: Kaiser serves up local foods
by Catherine BaileyNov 30, 2006
- Healthcare giant Kaiser Permanente is serving locally grown produce through an innovative scheme pioneered at their Oakland hospital to bring farmers' markets to its patients.
:: 7 Ways to Break Free of the Corporate Economy
Nov 30, 2006
- Has the cash economy swallowed up your life? Here are some ways to extract some of your time and "life energy" from the cash economy.
Cheaper by the Dozen?
Nov 30, 2006
- Economies of scale are the traditional argument against 'Going Local'. But an examination of the why's and how's of local production show that these savings kick in at a much smaller scale than global corporations would have you believe.
Nov 30, 2006
- A visual map of Go Local articles in the Winter 2007 issue.
by Mark RandazzoNov 30, 2006
- Activists from around the world joined hands on the streets and in the corridors of power to protest WTO trade deals they said would harm people and the planet. They just won big.
From the Editor - An Economy with a Future
by Sarah van GelderNov 30, 2006
- YES! Magazine editor Sarah van Gelder introduces the Winter 2007 issue, Go Local.
Judy Wicks: In Business for Life
by Judy WicksNov 30, 2006
- Judy Wicks learned how to build community, run a legendary restaurant, and start a national movement for just and sustainable business--all without leaving home.
by Tracy Fernandez Rysavy, Prianjali MascarenhasNov 30, 2006
- After Katrina, a local credit union got Jerry Moore and others on their feet.
Food to Stay
by Gary NabhanNov 30, 2006
- Many communities in the U.S. ship food out--and ship the same food back in. What's the value of keeping it at home?
How Commerce Consumed the Commons
by Jonathan RoweNov 30, 2006
- In a world where everything's for sale, we've forgotten that much of value happens outside the stream of commerce. Here's how we forgot--and how we're reclaiming the commons.
Economics of Life in Balance
by Regina GregoryNov 20, 2006
- What an economy that worked for Pacific Islanders for thousands of years may have to teach us about how to live today.
#10 :: Greenmarkets Feed Urban
Nov 17, 2006