Revive Lincoln’s Monetary Policy: an Open Letter to President Obama
by Ellen BrownApr 07, 2009
- President Obama, the fate of our economy and the nation itself may depend on how well you understand Lincoln’s monetary breakthrough, the most far-reaching “economic stimulus plan” ever implemented by a U.S. President…
Too Big to Fail is Too Big
by David KortenMar 16, 2009
- Senator Bernie Sanders famously said that if a bank "is too big to fail, it probably is too big to exist." That should be a watchword slogan of any effort to fix the financial system, says David Korten.
Connect and Engage: Local Food
by Jing FongMar 11, 2009
- Here’s an array of colorful, practical, and compelling materials that you can use not only in your classroom but also in your profession and everyday life.
PODCAST :: Van Jones: Why I’m Going to Washington
by Van Jones, Doug PibelMar 10, 2009
- YES! Editor Doug Pibel talked to Van Jones, following his acceptance of a position as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) in March 2009.
Van Jones: Why I’m Going to Washington
by Doug Pibel, Van JonesMar 10, 2009
- Exclusive interview with Van Jones in which he tells YES! Magazine why he decided to serve in the Obama Administration…
Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen BrownMar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.
A Farmer Rounds Up Monsanto
by Doug PibelMar 03, 2009
- A Canadian farmer wins a decade-long battle with an agribusiness giant over "Roundup Ready" canola.
WANTED: A Commerce Secretary for Main
by Chuck CollinsFeb 17, 2009
- We now need a Commerce Secretary who will speak for the economic interests of the rest of us. Margot Dorfman, the CEO of the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce, would be an excellent choice.
Everybody Eats :: How a Community Food System Works
Feb 13, 2009
- It begins with small farms working with natural cycles and ends with fresh food and stronger communities.
Food Rebellions: 7 Steps to Solving the Food Crisis
by Eric Holt-GimenezFeb 13, 2009
- Resistance to the trade and “aid” policies that displace farmers and increase hunger.
Commentary :: Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David KortenFeb 13, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss … Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
People We Love :: Isabel Latorre
Feb 13, 2009
- Coffee for women's rights: Profile of Isabel Latorre, founder of Café Feminino
Signs of Life :: A Fight for Tenant's Rights
by Daniel FiresideFeb 13, 2009
- Tenant's rights groups are taking action to protect renters from eviction when banks foreclose on property owners.
Van Jones: Beyond the Politics of Confrontation
by Sarah van Gelder, Van JonesFeb 13, 2009
- Meet the man who’s convincing the country, and the new President, that the next economy needs to be green and just. Interview by Sarah van Gelder.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca SolnitFeb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."