A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
City People: Women's Wealth
by Jane Wilson, Diana McCourtposted Jun 30, 1997
- Womanshare—a micro-economy of skill sharing, entrepreneurship, and mutual aid.
by Margaret Wertheimposted Jun 30, 1997
- A virtual world of natural enchantment and connection - Osmose by Canadian artist Char Davies.
The Basic Function of Money
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 1997
- A nonprofit HMO for seniors called .
Brewing a Future :: Zero Emissions in Namibia
by Keto Mshigeni, Gunter Pauliposted Jun 30, 1997
- A southern African brewery spawns a chicken farm, a fish farm, a mushroom plantation, a Spirulina plantation, an earthworm farm, jobs, and hope
Money Is a Human Artifact
by Edgar Cahnposted Jun 30, 1997
- Edgar Cahn developed Time Dollars as a way to rebuild community life.
Managing for Life
by Donella Meadowsposted Jun 30, 1997
- Going green has challenged the ingenuity of CEO Ray Anderson of Interface - but he wouldn't have it any other way, says Donella Meadows
by David Boyleposted Jun 30, 1997
- Ithaca Hours
Beyond Greed and Scarcity
by Bernard Lietaerposted Jun 30, 1997
- Bernard Lietaer talks to Sarah van Gelder about the transformational effects of currency redesign.
Money Versus Wealth
by David Kortenposted Jun 30, 1997
- David Korten distinguishes between money and the real wealth of people, nature, and community
The Trouble With Money
by Thomas Grecoposted Jun 30, 1997
- The dysfunctions of money creation
37 Ways to Join the Gift Economy
by Beverly Feldman, Charles Grayposted Jun 30, 1997
- You don't have to participate in a local currency or service exchange to be part of the cooperative gift economy. Any time you do a favor for a family member, neighbor, colleague, or stranger you're part of it. Here are some ways you can spend time in the gift economy, where you'll find fun, freedom, and connection.
The End of Poverty
by Muhammad Yunusposted Mar 31, 1997
- Sarah van Gelder talks with Muhammad Yunus about the prospects for ending poverty worldwide