A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Video: Looking Poverty in the Eyes
posted Sep 20, 2012
- The Line—the place people on the bottom are trying to get to and the people on the top are trying to stay above.
Manifesto for a Post-Growth Economy
by James Gustave Spethposted Sep 19, 2012
- What single change stands to give Americans more free time, healthier ecosystems, and more meaningful jobs?
Occupy Wall Street
posted Sep 19, 2012
- Ongoing coverage of the people's movement to take back our democracy and build a new economy.
Growth or Equality: Two Competing Visions for America’s Future
by David Kortenposted Sep 11, 2012
- David Korten on how closing the wealth gap can open the way to a fairer, more prosperous economy.
A Small Business Boost from ... Regulations?
by Brooke Jarvisposted Sep 07, 2012
- Do regulations really hurt small businesses? Or do businesses thrive when local residents can afford their services, and a good quality of life attracts skilled workers?
7 Ways to End the Deficit (Without Throwing Grandma Under the Bus)
by John Cavanaghposted Sep 05, 2012
- A new study suggests that ending the deficit doesn’t have to hurt, just as long as we cut in the right places. John Cavanagh finds seven places where budget cuts can create a more just, more secure, and more sustainable country.
WTO Rules Against Labeling Meat
by Lauren Hardyposted Aug 29, 2012
- Now the U.S. has to gut a law that protects consumers from imported mystery meat—or pay the price.
Disaster by Design? What’s Wrong with the “Thrive” Movement
by John Robbinsposted Aug 21, 2012
- A popular new film claims that a secret elite create our most troubling problems to advance a “global domination agenda.” Why Amy Goodman, Vandana Shiva, and other progressives are calling it “dangerously misguided.”
Infographic: An All-Local Meal in Appalachia
posted Aug 21, 2012
- In today's Appalachia, it's possible to eat an entire meal in which every ingredient was sourced from within 40 miles of your table.
Breaking Through Concrete: An Urban Farm Roadtrip
by David Hanson, Edwin Marty, Michael Hansonposted Aug 17, 2012
- Farmers across the country are taking to rooftops, vacant lots, any space they can find to build an urban farm revival.
The Downsides of Upselling: 4 Tips from the Farm
by Shannon Hayesposted Aug 15, 2012
- Shannon Hayes on keeping a human face on her capitalist ventures and learning to say “enough” when the market calls.
Washington's Wall Street Sugar Daddies
by Hillary Lehrposted Aug 14, 2012
- Who’s lining the pocket of your representatives? Here’s a tool you can use to find out.
America’s Deficit Attention Disorder
by David Kortenposted Aug 10, 2012
- Money is the least of our problems. It’s time to pay attention to the real deficits that are killing us.
A Critical Mass for Real Food
by Anim Steelposted Aug 06, 2012
- The old logic of the slave plantation is still the logic of our industrial food system, 500 years in the making. There’s a new way of thinking taking off.
Fighting Coal While Supporting Miners?
by John C. Bergposted Aug 03, 2012
- Can you fight austerity and climate change at the same time?