A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
3 Ways to Invest in Your Community
by Jeff Goldenposted Jul 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden suggests ways you can revive the old classic: community investment.
Connect and Engage :: Teaching about Today's Economy
posted Jul 07, 2009
- Here are lessons plans and curriculum to help your students better understand the cause and effects of the current housing upheaval, the concepts of work (what kind of work is paid?) and workplace, and definitions of wealth.
Curriculum & Resources: Teaching Economics As If People Mattered
posted Jun 30, 2009
- United for a Fair Economy’s (UFE) economic education curricula and workshops are dynamic resources for high school and adult continuing education teachers, and college faculty.
Why This Crisis May Be Our Best Chance to Build a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Jun 19, 2009
- Wall Street is bankrupt. Instead of trying to save it, we can build a new economy that puts money and business in the service of people and the planet—not the other way around.
Out of the Ashes of GM: the Phoenix of Renewable Energy
by Ellen Brownposted Jun 10, 2009
- Out of the ashes of a failed GM could arise not only a new, clean way of traveling but a new way of funding government and the services we expect from it.
Cleveland’s Worker-Owned Boom
by Gar Alperovitz, Ted Howard, Steve Dubbposted Jun 05, 2009
- Rust-belt to recovery through worker-owned business and city, hospital, and university cooperation.
Mondragón Worker-Cooperatives Decide How to Ride Out a Downturn
by Georgia Kelly, Shaula Massenaposted Jun 05, 2009
- Mondragón Cooperative Corporation: Look who makes the profits.
Worker Co-ops: Green and Just Jobs You Can Own
by James Trimarco, Jill Bamburgposted Jun 05, 2009
- A South Bronx worker co-op turns trash into treasure.
New Economy, New Ways to Work
posted Jun 05, 2009
- Worker co-ops are enjoying a resurgence. And instead of flying off to distant shareholders, the profits go to the worker/owners who keep them circulating close to home.
Invest Locally: Put Your Money Where Your Life Is
by Michael Shumanposted Jun 05, 2009
- Americans want to invest locally: here’s how.
My Best Investments Are Down The Street
by Judy Wicksposted Jun 05, 2009
- Social activist and local living economies advocate Judy Wicks shares her investment secrets.
Small Banks, Radical Vision
by Zach Carterposted Jun 05, 2009
- Local banks can change the world, one investment at a time.
Dollars with Good Sense: DIY Cash
by Judith Schwartzposted Jun 05, 2009
- Three ways ordinary people are printing their own money without breaking the law.
Busted: 9 Economy Myths
posted Jun 05, 2009
- What the old economy didn’t do for us—and what a sustainable economy could do.
People Power Pushed the New Deal
by Sarah Andersonposted Jun 05, 2009
- Roosevelt didn’t come up with all those progressive programs on his own.