A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Signs of Life :: A Fight for Tenant's Rights
by Daniel Firesideposted Feb 13, 2009
- Tenant's rights groups are taking action to protect renters from eviction when banks foreclose on property owners.
Van Jones: Beyond the Politics of Confrontation
by Sarah van Gelder, Van Jonesposted Feb 13, 2009
- Meet the man who’s convincing the country, and the new President, that the next economy needs to be green and just. Interview by Sarah van Gelder.
Ideas for a Better Food System :: Distribution
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Portland's Organically Grown Company helps distribute food from small, local farms.
Ideas for a Better Food System :: Workers
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Magen Tzadek is a new certification awarded to companies that meet high standards in employee health, safety, training, wages and benefits.
Ideas for a Better Food System :: Processing
posted Feb 13, 2009
- The women of Georgia Southern Alternatives Agriculture Co-op are providing jobs for young women by independently processing and selling their pecans.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca Solnitposted Feb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."
The End of Poverty? :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2009
- 500 years after imperial globalization began, have we achieved the end of poverty?
A New America in the Making
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Feb 10, 2009
- While the Obama administration in D.C. is doing its best to resuscitate a dying economic system, people on the ground have begun to create another America…
Don't Fix Wall Street, Replace It
by David Kortenposted Feb 04, 2009
- "Let Wall Street corporations and their phantom wealth machine slip into the abyss… Devote our public resources to building and strengthening Main Street businesses and financial institutions devoted to creating real wealth in service to their local communities."
Five Green Economy Solutions
by Alisa Gravitzposted Jan 20, 2009
- Bold solutions from the green economy are the antidote to the broken economy—and can repair the damage and create a world that works for all. Green America's recommendations to the Obama transition team.
The Speech President Obama Should Deliver… But Won't
by David Kortenposted Jan 14, 2009
- David Korten's new book outlines an agenda to bring into being a new economy—locally based, community oriented, and devoted to creating a better life for all. In this excerpt Korten offers a version of the economic address to the nation he wishes Barack Obama were able to deliver.
The Obama Economic Stimulus — Will it Take Us Where We Need to Go?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Dec 07, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder writes to president-elect Obama, and ask whether his economic stimulus package will really take us where we need to go.
A Radical Plan for Funding a New Deal
by Ellen Brownposted Dec 05, 2008
- Ellen Brown examines the challenge ahead for the Obama administration: she explores the option of buyouts, not bailouts, and lists 3 Ways to Fund the “New” New Deal.
Beyond the Bailout: Agenda for a New Economy
by David Kortenposted Nov 20, 2008
- The financial crisis has put to rest the myths that our economic institutions are sound and markets work best when deregulated. Our economic institutions have failed, not only financially, but also socially and environmentally. This, combined with the election of a new president with a mandate for change, creates an opportune moment to rethink and redesign.
A Sensible Plan for Recovery
by Institute for Policy Studiesposted Nov 07, 2008
- The Institute for Policy Studies lays out a program to address the root causes of our financial collapse and restore trust and confidence in our economic system.