A fair economy that works for people and the planet.
Notes from the Streets of Seattle
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Nov 30, 1999
- The following is part of a series of commentaries by people associated with YES! magazine and Positive Futures Network on the events unfolding in Seattle at the time of the World Trade Organization's meeting.
WTO Reading List
posted Nov 30, 1999
- This list has been compiled to further help you explore the issues of globalization and free trade. We list books from writers with different views of the issues.
Film Review - Cancel the Debt Now!: the Jubilee 2000 Campaign
by Margaret Doyleposted Oct 29, 1999
by David Morrisposted Oct 29, 1999
- The World trade Organization summit in Seattle could be a turning point in the politics of globalization. The summit was called to reduce barriers to the free, global flows of money and products. Opponents say these moves lower global labor and environmental standards and compromise local and national sovereignty. What might those who are concerned about sustainability, living standards, and community propose instead?
Notes From a Pilgrimage
by Fran Kortenposted Oct 29, 1999
- Fran Korten makes a pilgramage to see the Dalai Lama
Earth's Energy Future
by Deepa Anandakrishnan, Oronto Douglas, Denis Hayes, Jose Lutzenberger, Wolfgang Sachs, Francesca Lymanposted Oct 29, 1999
- changing the climate, earth's energy future, by Deepa Anandakrishnan, Oronto Douglas, Denis Hayes, Josè Lutzenberger, Francesca Lyman, and Wolfgang Sachs
Equity In the Air
by Tom Athanasiouposted Oct 29, 1999
- changing the climate, equity in the air, by Tom Athanasiou, YES! magazine
Join us in Seattle to Greet the WTO
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 30, 1999
- In late November, dark, damp Seattle will turn into the hottest scene in America for making a statement about the rules our world is governed by and who benefits. Come join us!
What If We Shared?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 30, 1999
- sharing tax revenues
Adding Up the Costs of Sprawl
by Tracy Rysavyposted Jun 30, 1999
The Other Side of Freedom
by Vicki Robinposted Jun 30, 1999
- Is the freedom we have in the West to do as we please, to make enough money to distance ourselves from our families, to have fewer and fewer challenges to our comfort and our control over our lives, really freedom?
Stopping the Big Boxes
by Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 1999
- stopping Wal-Mart
"Smart Growth" - Why Now?
by Peter Newmanposted Jun 30, 1999
by David Kortenposted Jun 30, 1999
- David Korten, Paul Hawken, dialogue, corporate futures, sustainable business, post-corporate world
by Donella Meadowsposted Mar 31, 1998
- Donella Meadows finds a group of wealthy people organizing for greater fairness - for everyone.