Using our resources to strengthen our communities.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
Is It Time to Tax the Internet?
by Jay Walljasperposted Mar 06, 2012
- How our communities can stop losing out on business and tax revenue.
Our Co-Owned Future
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 02, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: From health care to jobs to community development, why the future will be cooperative.
What If Corporations Couldn’t Use Our Commons For Free?
by Peter Barnesposted Feb 21, 2012
- Peter Barnes: How our shared resources could become a source of common wealth.
5 Ways to Make Your Dollars Make Sense
by Michael Shumanposted Feb 14, 2012
- Concerned about Wall Street’s devastating impact on communities? Then invest in yourself—the most local investment of all.
A Separation of Church and Bank
posted Feb 13, 2012
- Video: After Bank of America foreclosed on thousands of homes in their San Jose parish, the members of this Catholic church bid it goodbye—and took $3 million with them.
California’s New Triple Bottom Line
by Sven Eberlein, Debra Baidaposted Feb 09, 2012
- Best in the world? Try best FOR the world. The Golden State welcomes a new kind of corporation.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
Beyond the Bubble Economy
by David Kortenposted Feb 02, 2012
- We’ve finally learned that a growing financial sector isn’t the same thing as actual economic improvement. So how can we stimulate the real economy?
2012: The Year of the Cooperative
by Jessica Reederposted Feb 01, 2012
- How an old business model is finding new relevance all over the world.
The State of the 99 Percent
by Sarah Anderson, John Cavanaghposted Jan 25, 2012
- The Occupy movement is clearly affecting political rhetoric ... but what about real action?
Why Equality is Better for Everyone
by Kristy Leissleposted Dec 27, 2011
- Book Review: Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's "The Spirit Level" shows how inequality—and misery—trickle up.
Grace Boggs: Reviving the Lost City
by Larry Gabrielposted Dec 07, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: A decades-long revolution to rekindle the soul of urban neighborhoods.
Will Allen: Growing Justice in Food Deserts
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 06, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Creating access to affordable fresh food in low-income neighborhoods.
Jobs Not Cuts: UK Strikes Against Austerity
by Ari Bermanposted Dec 01, 2011
- In Britain, two million public sector workers launched the largest strike in three decades.