7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
The Case for Taxing the Wealthy
Nov 28, 2011
- The 1% didn’t get there by themselves. Chuck Collins offers a TED Talk on why the wealthy should pay it forward.
Painting the Town Prosperous
by James TrimarcoNov 16, 2011
- Urban artists revive our neighborhoods and show us how to share our gifts.
We Are the 1% ... And We Stand With the 99%
by Jesse EstrinNov 09, 2011
- Not everyone at the top of the economic system thinks it's a fair one. Why Jesse Estrin—and many others—decided to stand with the rest of us.
The Story of Broke
Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
The Great Money Migration
by Mark EnglerNov 07, 2011
- Just how effective was Bank Transfer Day?
Occupy the Banks: Strategies for Transformation
by Gar AlperovitzOct 28, 2011
- Beyond revolution and reform: Gar Alperovitz on how we can fundamentally transform our financial system.
Graduates Get a Crash Course in Sharing
by Malcolm HarrisOct 26, 2011
- How new graduates are improvising when expected careers aren’t panning out.
Elders a (Labor) Force for Social Change
by Marc FreedmanOct 26, 2011
- Boomers discover ways to apply their skills and life experience to purposeful second careers.
A Jubilee for Student Debt?
by Ellen BrownOct 20, 2011
- Some—including Wall Street protesters—say relieving students of nearly a trillion dollars in loans will help the rest of us, too. Ellen Brown asks, could it really work?
Local Jobs Through Local Banking
Sep 26, 2011
- Not just the recession: What our banking system has to do with our unemployment crisis, and what we can do about it.
Banking for California’s Future
by Ellen BrownSep 14, 2011
- Wall Street’s not cutting it: California’s legislature voted to do a feasibility study on establishing a state-owned bank.
The Return of “Made in the U.S.A.”
by Jessica ReederSep 12, 2011
- In a time of layoffs and outsourcing, something surprising is happening in San Francisco and New York: manufacturing jobs are on the rise.
The Path to Real Prosperity
by David KortenSep 07, 2011
- Step by step we can reclaim for Main Street the economic and political power that Wall Street now holds and create a world that truly works for all.
Who’s Building the Do-It-Ourselves Economy?
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelSep 07, 2011
- Corporations aren’t hiring, and Washington is gridlocked. Here’s how we take charge of our own livelihoods.