US Uncut: Standing Up to Corporate Tax Dodgers
Mar 03, 2011
- Photo essay: "Austerity for us, prosperity for them"—and more signs from US Uncut's 50-city protests of corporate tax avoidance.
The UK’s Progressive Tea Party
by Johann HariFeb 08, 2011
- Imagine a parallel universe where the Great Crash of 2008 inspired ordinary people to take on corporate tax evaders. The name of this parallel universe is Britain.
Washington State Joins the Movement for Public Banking
by Ellen BrownJan 24, 2011
- The legislature will consider whether to move its funds from Bank of America to a publicly owned bank that would keep the state's money working locally.
Microcredit: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
by David KortenJan 19, 2011
- Unraveling the confusion behind microcredit: how some models help alleviate poverty, while others exploit the poor to make the rich richer.
North Dakota: Banking on the Locals
Dec 31, 2010
- Video: David Brancaccio visits a bank that is invested in its community.
“Let Our Tax Cuts Go”
by Chuck CollinsDec 08, 2010
- Why some wealthy Americans aren’t happy to see their tax cuts continued.
7 Ways to Transform Banking
by Fran KortenNov 11, 2010
- Each of us can help build a resilient financial system that will serve real people in real communities.
Time for a New Theory of Money
by Ellen BrownOct 28, 2010
- When we recognize that money is simply credit, we can unleash it as a powerful tool for our communities.
The Small Business Case for Ending Tax Cuts for the Wealthy
by Chuck CollinsOct 14, 2010
- Small business owners, often used as a prop by anti-tax lobbyists, say letting the Bush-era tax cuts expire is a good business decision.
Raise My Taxes, Please
by Naomi SobelSep 09, 2010
- Why one wealthy American wants the Bush tax cuts to expire and the estate tax to be reinstated.
10 Ways to Solve the Jobs Problem
by Fran KortenSep 02, 2010
- Imagine a no-holds-barred “summit” that comes up with ideas to solve both our job and environmental problems. What might it come up with?
Home-Grown Businesses: The Role of Grassroots Financing
by Stacy MitchellAug 26, 2010
- How businesses are turning to their neighbors for funding.
The Right to Housing in Haiti
by Colette Lespinasse with Beverly BellJul 29, 2010
- With housing still inadequate more than 6 months after the earthquake, Haiti is witnessing the seeds of a people's movement to demand the human right to housing.
Development Redefined: A Holistic Vision in Bangladesh
by Suzanna FinleyJun 17, 2010
- Photo essay: Bangladeshi activists promote development that's rooted in indigenous knowledge and community values.
Health Care Economics 101
by Ken FabertJun 02, 2010
- When it comes to health care, everyone can't have everything right away. But we can make smarter choices that don't leave anyone out in the cold.