Using our resources to strengthen our communities.
Busted: 9 Economy Myths
posted Jun 05, 2009
- What the old economy didn’t do for us—and what a sustainable economy could do.
Community Investment: It’s Classic
by Jeff Goldenposted May 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden’s ideas and tips for sustainable investment.
Revive Lincoln’s Monetary Policy: an Open Letter to President Obama
by Ellen Brownposted Apr 07, 2009
- President Obama, the fate of our economy and the nation itself may depend on how well you understand Lincoln’s monetary breakthrough, the most far-reaching “economic stimulus plan” ever implemented by a U.S. President…
Too Big to Fail is Too Big
by David Kortenposted Mar 16, 2009
- Senator Bernie Sanders famously said that if a bank "is too big to fail, it probably is too big to exist." That should be a watchword slogan of any effort to fix the financial system, says David Korten.
Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca Solnitposted Feb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."
A Radical Plan for Funding a New Deal
by Ellen Brownposted Dec 05, 2008
- Ellen Brown examines the challenge ahead for the Obama administration: she explores the option of buyouts, not bailouts, and lists 3 Ways to Fund the “New” New Deal.
Signs of Life :: Community Banks Weathering the Storm
by Anne Moore Odellposted Oct 31, 2008
- Community banks provide safe haven in economic storm.
Finance to Serve the Economy
by Leslie Christianposted Sep 26, 2008
- How urgent is the financial situation? A Wall Street veteran says problems in finance don't mean the end of the economy.
Commentary: New Flow in the Global Plumbing
by Jonathan Roweposted Nov 07, 2007
- There’s an effort underway to turn remittance payments from global workers into the foundation of a new grassroots development fund that bypasses the World Bank and IMF with their built-in agendas.
Kristin Halvorsen Stands Up For Ethical Business
posted Aug 29, 2007
- Kristin Halvorsen Stands Up For Ethical Business
by Tracy Fernandez Rysavy, Prianjali Mascarenhasposted Nov 30, 2006
- After Katrina, a local credit union got Jerry Moore and others on their feet.
Creating Real Prosperity
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Nov 06, 2006
- Poor people are themselves creating the real job growth in much of the Global South through microcredit institutions and people's movements.