How California Could Turn its IOUs Into Dollars
by Ellen BrownJul 28, 2009
- If California were to deposit its money in its own state-owned bank, it could have enough credit to solve its budget crisis with funds to spare.
New Economy, New Ways to Do Finance
Jul 07, 2009
- As mega-finance crumbles, many farsighted individuals are putting their money in enterprises and financial institutions that benefit working Americans and the places they live.
How Banks Make Money
by Doug PibelJul 07, 2009
- Infographic: How to create money out of thin air.
Money from Nothing
by James RobertsonJul 07, 2009
- Supplying money should be a public service, not a cash cow for banks.
The New Economy Starts Now
by Sarah van GelderJul 07, 2009
- The new economy is about increasing quality of life, improving health, and restoring the environment.
3 Ways to Invest in Your Community
by Jeff GoldenJul 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden suggests ways you can revive the old classic: community investment.
Out of the Ashes of GM: the Phoenix of Renewable Energy
by Ellen BrownJun 10, 2009
- Out of the ashes of a failed GM could arise not only a new, clean way of traveling but a new way of funding government and the services we expect from it.
My Best Investments Are Down The Street
by Judy WicksJun 05, 2009
- Social activist and local living economies advocate Judy Wicks shares her investment secrets.
Small Banks, Radical Vision
by Zach CarterJun 05, 2009
- Local banks can change the world, one investment at a time.
Busted: 9 Economy Myths
Jun 05, 2009
- What the old economy didn’t do for us—and what a sustainable economy could do.
Community Investment: It’s Classic
by Jeff GoldenMay 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden’s ideas and tips for sustainable investment.
Revive Lincoln’s Monetary Policy: an Open Letter to President Obama
by Ellen BrownApr 07, 2009
- President Obama, the fate of our economy and the nation itself may depend on how well you understand Lincoln’s monetary breakthrough, the most far-reaching “economic stimulus plan” ever implemented by a U.S. President…
Too Big to Fail is Too Big
by David KortenMar 16, 2009
- Senator Bernie Sanders famously said that if a bank "is too big to fail, it probably is too big to exist." That should be a watchword slogan of any effort to fix the financial system, says David Korten.
Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen BrownMar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.
Icelanders to the Promised Land
by Rebecca SolnitFeb 13, 2009
- "We have a very uncertain feeling about the future. At the same time, there is power in all the political debate and lots of political and social energy—endless [political] parties popping up, Facebook groups, cells and idealists, … and people are speaking up."