Using our resources to strengthen our communities.
Can There Be “Good” Corporations?
by Marjorie Kellyposted Apr 16, 2012
- When companies are owned by workers and the community—instead of Wall Street financiers—everything changes.
Cooperatives Put People—and Democracy—to Work
posted Mar 30, 2012
- How worker-owned businesses from Cleveland to Spain are nurturing life and jobs outside the corporate framework.
When Bankers Rule the World
by David Kortenposted Mar 29, 2012
- How we can call out the myths, restructure the banking system, shut down the con game, and take back America.
Bring On the Next American Revolution
by Larry Gabrielposted Mar 20, 2012
- Book Review: At 96, Grace Boggs gives us a new handbook for transformation—from victims to empowered citizens.
Preventing the Fall of Rome
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 14, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: Why transformative change to the economic system is needed and how it might be accomplished.
My Unjustifiable Tax Break
by Dal LaMagnaposted Mar 13, 2012
- A millionaire tries out the justifications for paying a lower tax rate on his investments than Warren Buffet’s secretary does on her income.
Nurses Fight for a Dose of Tax Justice
by Sarah Andersonposted Mar 06, 2012
- Before there was Occupy, thousands of nurses were already taking on Wall Street to demand a financial transaction tax.
Is It Time to Tax the Internet?
by Jay Walljasperposted Mar 06, 2012
- How our communities can stop losing out on business and tax revenue.
Our Co-Owned Future
by Gar Alperovitzposted Mar 02, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz: From health care to jobs to community development, why the future will be cooperative.
What If Corporations Couldn’t Use Our Commons For Free?
by Peter Barnesposted Feb 21, 2012
- Peter Barnes: How our shared resources could become a source of common wealth.
5 Ways to Make Your Dollars Make Sense
by Michael Shumanposted Feb 14, 2012
- Concerned about Wall Street’s devastating impact on communities? Then invest in yourself—the most local investment of all.
A Separation of Church and Bank
posted Feb 13, 2012
- Video: After Bank of America foreclosed on thousands of homes in their San Jose parish, the members of this Catholic church bid it goodbye—and took $3 million with them.
California’s New Triple Bottom Line
by Sven Eberlein, Debra Baidaposted Feb 09, 2012
- Best in the world? Try best FOR the world. The Golden State welcomes a new kind of corporation.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
Beyond the Bubble Economy
by David Kortenposted Feb 02, 2012
- We’ve finally learned that a growing financial sector isn’t the same thing as actual economic improvement. So how can we stimulate the real economy?