Using our resources to strengthen our communities.
We Are the 1% ... And We Stand With the 99%
by Jesse Estrinposted Nov 09, 2011
- Not everyone at the top of the economic system thinks it's a fair one. Why Jesse Estrin—and many others—decided to stand with the rest of us.
The Story of Broke
posted Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
The Great Money Migration
by Mark Englerposted Nov 07, 2011
- Just how effective was Bank Transfer Day?
Occupy the Banks: Strategies for Transformation
by Gar Alperovitzposted Oct 28, 2011
- Beyond revolution and reform: Gar Alperovitz on how we can fundamentally transform our financial system.
Graduates Get a Crash Course in Sharing
by Malcolm Harrisposted Oct 26, 2011
- How new graduates are improvising when expected careers aren’t panning out.
Elders a (Labor) Force for Social Change
by Marc Freedmanposted Oct 26, 2011
- Boomers discover ways to apply their skills and life experience to purposeful second careers.
A Jubilee for Student Debt?
by Ellen Brownposted Oct 20, 2011
- Some—including Wall Street protesters—say relieving students of nearly a trillion dollars in loans will help the rest of us, too. Ellen Brown asks, could it really work?
Local Jobs Through Local Banking
posted Sep 26, 2011
- Not just the recession: What our banking system has to do with our unemployment crisis, and what we can do about it.
Banking for California’s Future
by Ellen Brownposted Sep 14, 2011
- Wall Street’s not cutting it: California’s legislature voted to do a feasibility study on establishing a state-owned bank.
The Return of “Made in the U.S.A.”
by Jessica Reederposted Sep 12, 2011
- In a time of layoffs and outsourcing, something surprising is happening in San Francisco and New York: manufacturing jobs are on the rise.
The Path to Real Prosperity
by David Kortenposted Sep 07, 2011
- Step by step we can reclaim for Main Street the economic and political power that Wall Street now holds and create a world that truly works for all.
Who’s Building the Do-It-Ourselves Economy?
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug Pibelposted Sep 07, 2011
- Corporations aren’t hiring, and Washington is gridlocked. Here’s how we take charge of our own livelihoods.
Putting Corporate Tax Dodging on the Table
by Chuck Collinsposted Sep 02, 2011
- In this time of austerity, major corporations are spending more on CEO pay and Congressional lobbying than they’re paying the IRS. How we can make them pay up.
North Dakota’s Economic “Miracle”—It’s Not Oil
by Ellen Brownposted Aug 31, 2011
- North Dakota has had the nation’s lowest unemployment ever since the economy tanked. What’s its secret?
Want Jobs? Rebuild the Dream
by Sarah van Gelderposted Aug 17, 2011
- Interview: Van Jones is leading a national mobilization to rebuild the middle class—through decent work, fair taxes, and opportunities for all.