5 Ways to Make Your Dollars Make Sense
by Michael ShumanFeb 14, 2012
- Concerned about Wall Street’s devastating impact on communities? Then invest in yourself—the most local investment of all.
A Separation of Church and Bank
Feb 13, 2012
- Video: After Bank of America foreclosed on thousands of homes in their San Jose parish, the members of this Catholic church bid it goodbye—and took $3 million with them.
California’s New Triple Bottom Line
by Sven Eberlein, Debra BaidaFeb 09, 2012
- Best in the world? Try best FOR the world. The Golden State welcomes a new kind of corporation.
Big News on Bank Transfers
by Brooke JarvisFeb 03, 2012
- The Occupy effect? In the last 3 months, Americans switched banks at three times the normal rate.
Beyond the Bubble Economy
by David KortenFeb 02, 2012
- We’ve finally learned that a growing financial sector isn’t the same thing as actual economic improvement. So how can we stimulate the real economy?
2012: The Year of the Cooperative
by Jessica ReederFeb 01, 2012
- How an old business model is finding new relevance all over the world.
The State of the 99 Percent
by Sarah Anderson, John CavanaghJan 25, 2012
- The Occupy movement is clearly affecting political rhetoric ... but what about real action?
Why Equality is Better for Everyone
by Kristy LeissleDec 27, 2011
- Book Review: Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's "The Spirit Level" shows how inequality—and misery—trickle up.
Grace Boggs: Reviving the Lost City
by Larry GabrielDec 07, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: A decades-long revolution to rekindle the soul of urban neighborhoods.
Will Allen: Growing Justice in Food Deserts
by Doug PibelDec 06, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Creating access to affordable fresh food in low-income neighborhoods.
Jobs Not Cuts: UK Strikes Against Austerity
by Ari BermanDec 01, 2011
- In Britain, two million public sector workers launched the largest strike in three decades.
7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
The Case for Taxing the Wealthy
Nov 28, 2011
- The 1% didn’t get there by themselves. Chuck Collins offers a TED Talk on why the wealthy should pay it forward.
Painting the Town Prosperous
by James TrimarcoNov 16, 2011
- Urban artists revive our neighborhoods and show us how to share our gifts.
We Are the 1% ... And We Stand With the 99%
by Jesse EstrinNov 09, 2011
- Not everyone at the top of the economic system thinks it's a fair one. Why Jesse Estrin—and many others—decided to stand with the rest of us.