Using our resources to strengthen our communities.
Reviving the Local Economy with Publicly Owned Banks
by Ellen Brownposted Oct 14, 2009
- The Fed may have played all its cards, but state and local governments still hold a few aces: publicly owned banks that could funnel credit where it is needed most, directly into the local economy.
How California Could Turn its IOUs Into Dollars
by Ellen Brownposted Jul 28, 2009
- If California were to deposit its money in its own state-owned bank, it could have enough credit to solve its budget crisis with funds to spare.
New Economy, New Ways to Do Finance
posted Jul 07, 2009
- As mega-finance crumbles, many farsighted individuals are putting their money in enterprises and financial institutions that benefit working Americans and the places they live.
How Banks Make Money
by Doug Pibelposted Jul 07, 2009
- Creating money out of thin air, a YES! infographic.
Money from Nothing
by James Robertsonposted Jul 07, 2009
- Supplying money should be a public service, not a cash cow for banks.
The New Economy Starts Now
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 07, 2009
- The new economy is about increasing quality of life, improving health, and restoring the environment.
3 Ways to Invest in Your Community
by Jeff Goldenposted Jul 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden suggests ways you can revive the old classic: community investment.
Out of the Ashes of GM: the Phoenix of Renewable Energy
by Ellen Brownposted Jun 10, 2009
- Out of the ashes of a failed GM could arise not only a new, clean way of traveling but a new way of funding government and the services we expect from it.
My Best Investments Are Down The Street
by Judy Wicksposted Jun 05, 2009
- Social activist and local living economies advocate Judy Wicks shares her investment secrets.
Small Banks, Radical Vision
by Zach Carterposted Jun 05, 2009
- Local banks can change the world, one investment at a time.
Busted: 9 Economy Myths
posted Jun 05, 2009
- What the old economy didn’t do for us—and what a sustainable economy could do.
Community Investment: It’s Classic
by Jeff Goldenposted May 07, 2009
- Jeff Golden’s ideas and tips for sustainable investment.
Revive Lincoln’s Monetary Policy: an Open Letter to President Obama
by Ellen Brownposted Apr 07, 2009
- President Obama, the fate of our economy and the nation itself may depend on how well you understand Lincoln’s monetary breakthrough, the most far-reaching “economic stimulus plan” ever implemented by a U.S. President…
Too Big to Fail is Too Big
by David Kortenposted Mar 16, 2009
- Senator Bernie Sanders famously said that if a bank "is too big to fail, it probably is too big to exist." That should be a watchword slogan of any effort to fix the financial system, says David Korten.
Bank On It: How Cash-Starved States Can Create Their Own Credit
by Ellen Brownposted Mar 03, 2009
- Ellen Brown proposes a solution to states' solvency problems by outlining how they can create their own credit.