YES! Recommends: The Legacy Project
by Jing FongOct 25, 2011
- At a time of economic uncertainty—when your students are wondering about their future—the Legacy Project might serve as a compass to help them create their lives, connect to others, and change their world.
7 Smart Solutions for DIY Jobs
Oct 04, 2011
- One alternative to looking for a job is to make your own. Here are seven ways communities are offering tools, training, and bright ideas to get workers started.
Less is More: 5 Steps to Redefine Making a Living
Sep 30, 2011
- Poster: Life out of balance? Ask yourself this ...
Local Jobs Through Local Banking
Sep 26, 2011
- Not just the recession: What our banking system has to do with our unemployment crisis, and what we can do about it.
Need a Job? Create Your Own
Sep 21, 2011
- Meet five entrepreneurs who said no to corporate jobs.
Creating Jobs in the New Normal
Sep 14, 2011
- YES! Executive Editor Sarah van Gelder on Free Speech TV: How local economies can help fight unemployment.
The Return of “Made in the U.S.A.”
by Jessica ReederSep 12, 2011
- In a time of layoffs and outsourcing, something surprising is happening in San Francisco and New York: manufacturing jobs are on the rise.
The Path to Real Prosperity
by David KortenSep 07, 2011
- Step by step we can reclaim for Main Street the economic and political power that Wall Street now holds and create a world that truly works for all.
Living Right on the “Wrong” Side of Town
by Corbyn HightowerSep 07, 2011
- When Corbyn Hightower’s financial world fell apart, a ragtag community came together to show how lively neighborhoods grow new livelihoods.
Who’s Building the Do-It-Ourselves Economy?
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelSep 07, 2011
- Corporations aren’t hiring, and Washington is gridlocked. Here’s how we take charge of our own livelihoods.
Jobs: What Will It Take?
by Sarah van GelderSep 07, 2011
- The middle-class way of life is in trouble. The Fall 2011 issue of YES! Magazine asks how we can build strong local economies that sustain us in challenging times.
Work Less, Live More
by Juliet SchorSep 02, 2011
- Working fewer hours could help save our economy, our sanity, and the planet.
Paid Sick Leave for All
by Rebecca LeisherSep 01, 2011
- Nearly 40 percent of all U.S. private sector workers get no paid sick days—but Connecticut is leading the way to change that.
Lies, Damned Lies, and Economics
Sep 01, 2011
- Busting 3 big myths about jobs today.
Want Jobs? Rebuild the Dream
by Sarah van GelderAug 17, 2011
- Interview: Van Jones is leading a national mobilization to rebuild the middle class—through decent work, fair taxes, and opportunities for all.