The Elephant in the Room at the State of the Union
by Robert ReichJan 26, 2011
- The problem isn't "competitiveness"—it's inequality.
A Hands-On New Year
by Grace Lee BoggsJan 26, 2011
- Grace Lee Boggs: The next decade will bring further changes in the way we think about food, work, and education.
Fixing the Future
Jan 14, 2011
- Video: David Brancaccio's full documentary as he travels the country to visit communities that are changing their economy in unique ways.
Working in the Shadows
by Carlos JimenezDec 13, 2010
- A year undercover in the jobs most Americans won't do.
Don’t Compromise Social Security
by Doug PibelDec 10, 2010
- What the tax compromise could mean for the future of Social Security.
Bellingham, Washington: Good Jobs, Locally Grown
Dec 09, 2010
- Video: How this close-knit community is keeping jobs close to home.
by Rick WolffOct 26, 2010
- In France, the government’s response to the economic crisis has sparked massive protests. What do they mean for the U.S.?
One Nation: Uniting for Jobs, Not War
by Phyllis BennisOct 06, 2010
- At the historic One Nation Working Together march, activists made the connection between unemployment and our outsize military budget.
Students Score Victory for Honduran Workers
by Valerie SchloredtSep 09, 2010
- How the "Just Pay It!" campaign on college campuses leveraged $1.5 million for Nike garment workers.
10 Ways to Solve the Jobs Problem
by Fran KortenSep 02, 2010
- Imagine a no-holds-barred “summit” that comes up with ideas to solve both our job and environmental problems. What might it come up with?
Sticking Together in Tough Times
by Chuck CollinsAug 10, 2010
- With more workers facing long-term joblessness, the unemployed are working together for change.
The Work-Sharing Boom: Exit Ramp to a New Economy?
by Juliet SchorAug 09, 2010
- To cope with the recession, some companies are cutting hours instead of employees. Will the trend have long-term effects?
The Case for a New WPA
by Kate McCormackJul 12, 2010
- Is it time to bring back this Depression-era program?
First Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights Passes
by Elizabeth DiNovellaJun 28, 2010
- The successful campaign to pass the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights in New York is cause for celebration at 2010 US Social Forum.
Update: Post-Prison Garden Project Grows Earth Stewards
by Berit AndersonJun 25, 2010
- Ten years ago YES! Magazine reported on Cathrine Sneed and her Garden Project. Today there are 37 Earth Stewards and seven full-time Garden Project employees.