7 Ways to Support the Real Job Creator: Main Street
by John Cavanagh, David KortenNov 29, 2011
- Turns out most job creation comes from the 99 percent, not the one percent.
Ai-jen Poo: Organizing Labor—With Love
by Mark EnglerNov 29, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Battling for those on the economic bottom rung—domestic workers.
Painting the Town Prosperous
by James TrimarcoNov 16, 2011
- Urban artists revive our neighborhoods and show us how to share our gifts.
Green Jobs Calling
by Madeline OstranderNov 10, 2011
- The citizens of two cities are finding the customers, finances, and skills to put together green jobs.
Best Job in the Neighborhood—And They Own It
by Susan Arterian ChangNov 10, 2011
- How worker co-ops are expanding despite the rust-belt economy.
Graduates Get a Crash Course in Sharing
by Malcolm HarrisOct 26, 2011
- How new graduates are improvising when expected careers aren’t panning out.
Elders a (Labor) Force for Social Change
by Marc FreedmanOct 26, 2011
- Boomers discover ways to apply their skills and life experience to purposeful second careers.
YES! Recommends: The Legacy Project
by Jing FongOct 25, 2011
- At a time of economic uncertainty—when your students are wondering about their future—the Legacy Project might serve as a compass to help them create their lives, connect to others, and change their world.
7 Smart Solutions for DIY Jobs
Oct 04, 2011
- One alternative to looking for a job is to make your own. Here are seven ways communities are offering tools, training, and bright ideas to get workers started.
Less is More: 5 Steps to Redefine Making a Living
Sep 30, 2011
- Poster: Life out of balance? Ask yourself this ...
Local Jobs Through Local Banking
Sep 26, 2011
- Not just the recession: What our banking system has to do with our unemployment crisis, and what we can do about it.
Need a Job? Create Your Own
Sep 21, 2011
- Meet five entrepreneurs who said no to corporate jobs.
Creating Jobs in the New Normal
Sep 14, 2011
- YES! Executive Editor Sarah van Gelder on Free Speech TV: How local economies can help fight unemployment.
The Return of “Made in the U.S.A.”
by Jessica ReederSep 12, 2011
- In a time of layoffs and outsourcing, something surprising is happening in San Francisco and New York: manufacturing jobs are on the rise.
The Path to Real Prosperity
by David KortenSep 07, 2011
- Step by step we can reclaim for Main Street the economic and political power that Wall Street now holds and create a world that truly works for all.