Making a living, and a life.
Where Does the Labor Movement Go From Here?
by Amy B. Deanposted Apr 06, 2011
- How the movement for workers' rights can harness the energy of the present moment.
The Moral Underground: How Ordinary Americans Subvert an Unfair Economy
by Lisa Dodsonposted Mar 18, 2011
- All around you are everyday heroes who refuse to be complicit in the economic mistreatment of other people.
Fighting America’s Corporate Coup D’Etat
by Amy Goodmanposted Mar 17, 2011
- Amy Goodman and Naomi Klein on how Americans across the country are resisting the Shock Doctrine.
Phantom Wealth and False Expectations
by David Kortenposted Mar 15, 2011
- Playing money games to profit from false expectations is not the same as investing in jobs that produce real value to meet real needs
Wisconsin Awakens a Sleeping Giant
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 15, 2011
- Workers across the country are demanding to know why corporations and the wealthy get bailouts and tax breaks while teachers and steel workers bear the burdens of budget crises.
“This is Not Democracy” — Wisconsin’s Anti-Union Bill Passes
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 10, 2011
- In a controversial move, Republicans maneuvered the passage of Wisconsin's assault on collective bargaining after three weeks of protests. How'd they do it, and what happens next?
Mahlon Mitchell: The Middle Class Needs to Stick Together
by Robby Mellingerposted Mar 08, 2011
- Firefighters weren't directly included in the anti-union bill that sparked the protests in Madison. Lieutenant Mahlon Mitchell on why they're taking to the streets, anyway.
Domestic Workers Win Bill of Rights
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Mar 08, 2011
- A long-excluded workforce finally gets the protections it deserves.
Fair-Labor Logos Find Factory Home
by Rachel Taberposted Mar 08, 2011
- A new wave of campus clothing that's made with a livable wage.
Why Every American Should Care About Wisconsin
by Amy B. Deanposted Mar 04, 2011
- The debate in Wisconsin doesn't just apply to union members and public workers—it applies to every American who cares about our fundamental rights as citizens.
Police Defy Order to Clear Protesters from Wisconsin Capitol
by Lindsay Beyersteinposted Mar 01, 2011
- The latest from the ongoing protests in the Badger State.
Video: Holding the Wisconsin Capitol
posted Feb 28, 2011
- What happened inside the Wisconsin capitol when protesters were told they'd have to leave.
Bigger than Unions, Bigger than Wisconsin
by Micah Uetrichtposted Feb 25, 2011
- How Americans across professions, religions, and states are uniting in opposition to Wisconsin's anti-union bill—and cultivating a movement that reaches far beyond the state border.
Dear Glenn Beck: It’s Not Conspiracy, It’s Courage
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 24, 2011
- Glenn Beck thinks the spread of anti-corporate protests is a little too convenient. But this is what happens when ordinary people discover their power.
We Are Wisconsin
posted Feb 23, 2011
- Video: Meet the people making history in Wisconsin.